+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken Ipad backup question - kinda screwy but......

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
OK - I had an employee working for me and bought the gentleman an Ipad (company paid for and I have receipt). We parted ways and I got the company
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbroken Ipad backup question - kinda screwy but......
    OK - I had an employee working for me and bought the gentleman an Ipad (company paid for and I have receipt). We parted ways and I got the company paid for Ipad back. He had a company credit card and was purchasing aps (using company credit card) and installing them on the Ipad.

So I called Apple and they transferred the Ipad to my name (it still had 8 days of phone support left at the time I did this). I synced the Ipad but the got a message saying it was unable to back up a bunch of aps. So exploring further and talking to my IT guru I figured out this Ipad is jailbroken - it is using OS 4.2.1.

Here's where I'm at - I'm trying to figure out and backup the aps that the company (me) paid for. I would like to ad some aps for my purposes but don't want to lose what is on the Ipad. I have purchased some aps and want to install them with Itunes - when I go to sync to add these programs I get a message that in essence is telling me all the aps will be wiped out that are currently on the Ipad and will be replaced with the few I want to add.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks much

Thanks

Plug the ipad in to itunes and right click on it in the sidebar, then hit transfer purchases. Do you know that account login and PW of the one he was using to buy the apps, or is just your credit card? If it is just the credit card, you're SOL because you need to authorize the account on your computer.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It was just the company credit card and I have no idea what his account info is/was and he won't give me any account info - claims he deleted everything to do with the Ipad off his computer.

Thanks

Tell him you need the iTunes account info for the applications he purchased on the company card. Otherwise, like I said, you're SOL>

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yea it sounds like your problem is not that it's jailbroken, but that it was synced with another computer/iTunes. Unless you download all those apps onto your computers iTunes it will always want to replace the apps with whateer you have on your computer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Downloading them onto my computer is the key to the whole thing. ITunes won't download them - I was hoping there was another program I could use to download them and load them into Itunes. I was trying to find a program that would tell me if any of the aps were pirated (was going to delete them) and the aps that were bought and paid for on my nickel.