+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to Download Cydia.app

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey ladies/gents... I was hoping that someone would know where I could download the IPad Cydia.app. Or if someone could upload theirs and provide a link. I was attempting to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Where to Download Cydia.app
    Hey ladies/gents... I was hoping that someone would know where I could download the IPad Cydia.app. Or if someone could upload theirs and provide a link.

I was attempting to update IFile in Cydia, and a message popped up telling me it was unsafe. It had two buttons in which the text was too big for the buttons and was cut off. I didn't put much thought into it, and undoubtedly hit the wrong one. In which resulted in deleting Cydia, actually I think it un-installed Essential.

I've managed to find a download for Cydia and Essential, and managed to get it installed and working(it actually appears to be the latest(3366 build)... The problem is, is that it's the Iphone Cydia.app and shows up IPhone size with the 2x resize button.

I'm hoping to not have to update firmware, as I like my Screen Orientation Lock button the way that Apple initially released the IPad.

Any/all help is appreciated...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dawgbone For This Useful Post:

Meezy12 (04-02-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Just use redsn0w and chose "install Cydia".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

dawgbone (02-25-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks.... Will it just install Cydia? Or do I have to provide my current ipsw and re-jailbreak...

My old copy of RedSnow looks like it wants my original .ipsw and wants to rejailbreak. And my download for the current RedSnow is showing over an hour to download.

If anyone is willing to upload their Cydia.app directory....

Please post or PM me, and I'll give you an upload link to upload it to my server....

It would be much appreciated....

Thanks all....
    Last edited by dawgbone; 02-25-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So nobody is willing to point me to an upload? Really?
    I have to re-jailbreak and re-sync my "perfect" IPad??? when it's probably a super simple/quick/easy fix that takes seconds/minutes?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Its probably safer and more stable to do it via redsn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgbone View Post
    So nobody is willing to point me to an upload? Really?
    I have to re-jailbreak and re-sync my "perfect" IPad??? when it's probably a super simple/quick/easy fix that takes seconds/minutes?
    If by chance you installed OpenSSH or MobileTerminal...and dpkg/apt, you could always follow the instructions here:

Latest version of Cydia: where to d/l and how to install?

Then from a shell as root install the .deb.

dpkg -i /path/to/file.deb

If not, as far as I know, the only solution would be to re-jailbreak it. Assuming you have proper backups, nothing would be different on your "perfect" IPad. Except that you would have a Cydia icon. ;-)

This all is assuming that you have some sort of Shell/Terminal understanding. If you don't understand or know what you're doing you could potentially destroy your device. Use extreme caution.

Hope it helps a little. :-)

-Ronan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to phiber For This Useful Post:

dawgbone (03-11-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone...

For whatever reason, Cydia fixed itself, and it now opens in full "IPad version"...

Thanks Phiber, as your link informed me where to download a newer version of Cydia(3366.7), in which after installing, let me update IFile and YXFlash, without it wanting to unistall Essential/Cydia...<-- my initial problem that caused all the grief in the first place.

So I'm back and running 100% again... woot...woot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Excellent. Glad to hear it. :-)

-Ronan