+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If my ipad shuts down am I out of luck?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I just joined today and this is my first post. I'm new to jailbreaking, but went on ahead and made the move today, because there are some features missing on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default If my ipad shuts down am I out of luck?
    I just joined today and this is my first post. I'm new to jailbreaking, but went on ahead and made the move today, because there are some features missing on my ipad, that I've read I can do with a jailbroken ipad. I used greenpois0n and successfully did it. I am now downloading cydia. Here is my fear.

Everything I have set up for my ipad is on my imac at home. I'm assuming that greenpois0n is a tethered jailbreak? Not fully sure. I don't fully understand all of that.

Anyway, my understanding is that if my ipad is turned off, I cannot turn it back on and use it without reconnecting it to my home computer is that correct? Can anyone please explain this. If that is the case and I'm on a trip and it dies on me, does that mean I'm out of luck until I get back to home? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

green pois0n is NOT tethered as long as you have got the recent version from the website.
    so your iPad is fine.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.