+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major malfunction - please help me

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
okay, so about a month ago, i jailbroke my ipad with redsnow 4.2.1 tethered and everything went fine. but the thing is, my computer was down so i couldnt sync
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Major malfunction - please help me
    okay, so about a month ago, i jailbroke my ipad with redsnow 4.2.1 tethered and everything went fine. but the thing is, my computer was down so i couldnt sync it. so just the other day, i finally got it up and running again and opened up itunes to sync it. it brought up an error of not having enough space which didnt make sense becauase i have a 32 gb i havent used much of. so i looked and it said that "other" was taking up over 18gb!!! idk what the problem is, i havent even installed much from cydia so im really confused. and i cant even get any more music because its full now. if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

btw if there are any typos, just ignore them. i just got my clamcase and im trying to get used to this slightly smaller keyboard, lol

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

Thanks

Idea, how much content did you have synced to the device? If you had that much media synced to the device, you could delete it via SSH or iFile and it should be okay. However, I don't know if doing so will mess with anything... Anyone else do this before?

Also, how is the clamcase? I wanted one, but the price was a bit much...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Never happened to My.BUT..i would suggest restoring your iPad to it's original state and then rejailbreak it. Be sure that u have your ssh backed up be doing so for fear of loosing all your contents.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks

well, i only have about 6 gb of music and 4 gb of photos and apps, i dont understand it. could it be because i am using a tethered jailbreak? because this never happened with regular jailbreaks. But one thing i did notice, in the /var/stash/ in iFile, theres like 2 of almost every folder.. Ex. Applications.pwn and also Applications.f5td3
    But even with all that, i don't see how 18 gb could be used by jailbreak stuff. this is crazy.

and the clamcase is amazing. i got it for $100 with the gift card deal and it took 2 months for me to get it, but it was well worth the wait. typing on it is so much faster and it feels like im using a macbook. And since im jail broken, im gonna buy a apple bluetooth mouse and use it with the clamcase to make it just like a mac. Now id be really set if they came out with a way to emulate mac osx on ipad...

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

Thanks
    I believe I had something similar to this happen on my iPhone. What I did was turn off syncing videos and music, sync, it then reads the correct amount of available space, and then turn video and music syncing back on and sync again. Granted it takes a while, but at least you don't have to restore your jailbreak settings.

Thanks

i tried removing all of my music, because i dont have my photos backed up right now since my computer crashed recently, and its still the same thing. Im thinking something to do with the jailbreak, because its never done this with any other jailbreak ive used. i guess ill just wait for an official jailbreak instead of using a tethered one next time theres a big update for the ipad. until then, im gonna keep going through my filesystem and make sure theres nothing weird taking up alot of space