Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad stuck on lockscreen and then restarts itself

Default iPad stuck on lockscreen and then restarts itself
    Hey everyone,

I'm having this issue with my iPad...I'm not sure if I post it here or not...If I don't could a mod please move it from here

I jailbroke my iPad 4.2.1 untethered via Redsn0w first (tethered) then I untethered it with Greenpois0n...It was working fine and everything

I recently downloaded LockInfo from Cydia...Once it finished installing it asked me to Restart SpringBoard...I did that...But after that my iPad went back to the lock screen...It got stuck...And then it retarted...It's been doing that for quite some time now

I don't have SSH on...And there is no way to access the iPad from the iPad itself...It keeps restarting and getting stuck

I have tried shutting it down and re-booting via Redsn0w and GreenPois0n but that made no difference...I end up at the lock screen and the same restarting and getting stuck procedure happens

Restoring it is my very last option...If anyone has any advice as to how I can get control over my iPad then I will be forever greatful...Once I can get control I could try and uninstall it or to go to settings and figure something out...But for now my iPad seems to be possessed and goes on a restarting frenzy until the battery runs out

Thanks in advance,

issamawan

Well it seems that the LockInfo doesn't support iPad's big screen and/or iOS 4.2.1 and that ruined your system. Seems that the only way for you is restoring the firmware.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to app0 For This Useful Post:

issamawan (02-16-2011)

Also, remember to install OpenSSH after you restore. This way, if you are in this situation again, you could simply disable the lockinfo (or whatever the offending tweak may be) dylib and respring. Sorry that I can't help you in your current state..
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

issamawan (02-16-2011)