Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Symbolic Link in Goodreader

Default Symbolic Link in Goodreader
    Hi !

Every day, I use notebooks for taking notes in class. I wish I could have direct access to these notes (files) from Goodreader. For that I heard of Symbolic Links (command ln-s) but when I create a symbolic link from the notebooks's Documents folder to Goodreader, this link (symbolic) isn't displayed in Goodreader.

I created this symbolic link in ifile, and it displays well in ifile.

Can you help me make this symbolic link?

Note: when I create a symbolic link to a Goodreader's folder (in documents, such as "English class") to another Goodreader's folder that works well and is visible in Goodreader.

Thanks a lot ! (sorry I'm french)

I had a similar problem when I tried to link the USB /var/mnt folder directly in GoodReader. I eventually got it to work after reading this guide:

How to Mount a USB Stick on the iPad and Access it With GoodReader

In the guide, it tells you to rename the original /var/mnt folder to /var/mnt_old. Then, re-create the mnt folder and link it to the goodreader location.

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but you can try it. You have to rename the original "Documents" folder used by Notebook, re-create it, and then link it.

I suggest you back up your documents before trying all of this stuff though.