+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing with iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
My iPad is jailbroken with the latest untethered Greenpois0n for the pc. I'm running iOS 4.2.1 as well. So far everything has been going rather smoothly. I do have some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Syncing with iTunes
    My iPad is jailbroken with the latest untethered Greenpois0n for the pc. I'm running iOS 4.2.1 as well. So far everything has been going rather smoothly. I do have some weird issues with iTunes however. Whenever I plug the iPad into my compuer and open iTunes the sync goes amazingly fast. When I hit the sync button iTunes says "Syncing Step 1 of 1" and the sync is over within 20 seconds. I'm assuming it's not really syncing. How can I get a proper backup of my ipad with all of my apps? I've reinstalled iTunes but I still get the same thing. Are there any 3rd part software packages that I can substitute in place of iTunes or can I somehow fix iTunes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No one has any suggestions?

Thanks

To get a complete backup, right click over your iPad in iTunes and select "back up". That should get a full backup for ya.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When I first jail broke my ipad I had "******* for 4.0+" installed from cydia before I tried to sync and I never have had any issues. Not sure if that help at all, but it is at least something.
    Last edited by Cer0; 02-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion! I backed up my iPad as you said. However, I have a question. I have iOS 4.2.1 and am using infinifolders and folderenhancer. However, in iTunes when you click the apps tab and it shows you a picture of your iPad it shows my iPad with the proper wallpaper and such, but the apps are not in folders and are just shown as apps on the screen. Is this something to worry about? Why does it not show my folders but just the apps?

Thanks!