+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad wont connect or boot after redsn0w

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I used the newest version of redsn0w to jailbreak my iPad on 4.2.1. I forgot to charge it and the battery died. When i plugged it in to charge i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad wont connect or boot after redsn0w
    I used the newest version of redsn0w to jailbreak my iPad on 4.2.1. I forgot to charge it and the battery died. When i plugged it in to charge i waited until it started up then proceeded to try and enter it into DFU mode. Whenever i turn it on it sits at the apple logo for a while then eventually goes to spinning logo which freezes. I cant get it into DFU mode and its not showing up on my computer. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

It is possible to enter DFU mode, you just have to keep at it. Once it is in DFU mode, you can restore and be back in da game. Next time, have your iPad charged before JBing.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok ill keep trying i guess. I had it jailbroken for 2 weeks i just forgot to charge it last night.

It seems like the ipad isnt charging either. I had it connected overnight and the low battery still shows up when i start it up. I dont know what to do here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any luck getting it to unfreeze? I just did a JB with my ipad firmware 4.2.1 using redsn0w, installed cydia, and went to install some of the sources - needed to reboot so went back into redsn0w to do the boot tethered option as you have to do now and I keep freezing at the apple logo and it won't boot DFU now. I keep trying but so far nothing.