+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extensions not showing up after mobilesubstrate install

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi all, First post so please be kind I Jailbroke my ipad successfully with greenpois0n and proceeded to install some tweaks. Activator Lockinfo Winterboard sbsettings Lock Weather and maybe a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Extensions not showing up after mobilesubstrate install
    Hi all,
    First post so please be kind
    I Jailbroke my ipad successfully with greenpois0n and proceeded to install some tweaks.
    Activator
    Lockinfo
    Winterboard
    sbsettings
    Lock Weather

and maybe a couple more.

Then I installed the latest mobile substrate (0.9.3087-1). I got a bunch of errors on that install culminating in 'trying to overwrite '/usr/lin/libsubstrate.dylib' which is also in package mobilesubstrate. On a reboot all the extensions had dissapeared from the settings widget and none of them to work. I can install and remove all packages (which I have tried) but it is not possible to get any extensions to turn up in settings.

I re-jailbroke for good mesure to no effect. I can use Winterboard from its icon but no changes take effect.

My guess is that I have screwed mobile substrate and need to manually reinstall, which I don't know how to do. Nut I really have little idea whats up.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Skut

ok.. I did not have 'expert' turned on in cydia
    reinstalling the standard mobilesubstrate fixed me up.

**resolved**
    Last edited by skut; 02-07-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Similar situation for me, upgraded to 4.2.1 and did JB with greenpois0n and did the pkgbackup restore and don't have any of my themes nor can i see photoalbums+ for ipad even though Cydia says it's installed.