Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can we get voice activator working on iPad?

Default Can we get voice activator working on iPad?
    Alright, so i have voice control activated on my iPad. But voice activator won't install.

Can we get voice activator working on iPad?

Well, to try this tweak on iPad, we would have to identify it as an iPhone or iPod touch. I don't know how to do that.. Also, I don't know that even if we do this, whether the tweak will work or not. I emailed chpwn and am awaiting a response. I will update this thread when/if I get a response.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Possible, but not going to be easy
    I have just downloaded the .deb file, and installed on iPad.. Doesn't alllow me to enable it... Need to code it for iPad, or to disguise the iPad as a iPT or iphone

Maybe delete the specific line that requires device to be iPT or iPhone... Dunno if that would f**k it totally though

Just been playing around with iFile... Voiceactivator consists of a whole lot of .dylib files. .dylib files are opened in Mac, which I do not have access to. Somebody else needs to look at those files, if that's where to look.

Guys, forget about it - just updated Activator + VoiceActivator... Works like a charm now (; looks like the creator beat us to it.. Well, I'm just happy it works now =]
    Last edited by Twicci; 02-03-2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a working method, but it requires installing the cracked version of Voice activator unless you have the .deb

I just made a thread on how to do this, but it got deleted and i got a warez warning! Its the only way to get it working on the iPad! Because the paid version isnt allowed to be installed on an iPad!! So its wrong??? I guess you could buy it on your iphone, then move it to the ipad thru ssh somehow, but thats too much hassle.
    Last edited by D_LA_ROC; 02-23-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First do this...

Voice Control fix for 4.2.1

Then go into cydia and get Voice Activator. Just be carefully because it is still a bit buggy. Be prepared to do a few tweaks to get it to work correctly
    Last edited by Peace Maker; 03-01-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Maker View Post
    First do this...

Voice Control fix for 4.2.1

Then go into cydia and get Voice Activator. Just be carefully because it is still a bit buggy. Be prepared to do a few tweaks to get it to work correctly
    So, I need to follow the steps from "Voice Control fix for 4.2.1" then go into Cydia and still install Voice Activator for it to work?

Cali