Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad stuck on iTunes screen after failed 4.3 upgrade

Default iPad stuck on iTunes screen after failed 4.3 upgrade
    Hi,

A developer I work with attempted to install iOS 4.3 BETA 1 to my iPad (not jailbroken and if I recall on 4.2 official before the upgrade), however it's not worked, and unfortunately I'm not with my developer friend so he can fix the problem.

The problem being I'm currently stuck with an iPad continuously telling me to connect to iTunes, this is the screen I get on iTunes:

I've tried multiple solutions, downgrading to numerous OS's on both Mac and Windows and I've tried Redsn0w and LIBUSB. I'm at a loss, what can I do?

Thanks,

JohnnyGoesHome

I've read thread iPad stuck in recovery mode. and followed the detailed steps to restore via the TSS Server feature of TinyUmbrella... As you can see however Screen shot 2011-01-29 at 17.06.42.png

Happy to provide any other information.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JohnnyGoesHome; 01-29-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's something to do with the baseband in 3G iPads not being able to be downgraded after being upgraded in 4.3.
    I'm in the same boat and can get back to 3.2.1 or 3.2.2 (had shsh saved) but can't get back to 4.2.1
    You could also search around and find someone to register your udid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you dont need to jailbreak it, if you have your blobs saved, just restore a 3.x firmware, then shift click update, will do so, and end up activated with 4.3. Ill post more if you want more info.

I can see on the TinyUmbrella screenshot that you haven't selected any device. Press the device on the left (the one with all the numbers), then press Fix or Exit recovery.