+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows: ONE click tethered boot (RedSn0w)

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Okay, so I was messing around in the command prompt, and found that RedSn0w allows for certain parameters. What are parameters? They tell a program what to do when it
    Thanks

Lightbulb Windows: ONE click tethered boot (RedSn0w)

Okay, so I was messing around in the command prompt, and found that RedSn0w allows for certain parameters. What are parameters? They tell a program what to do when it launches, to make life easier for us ;), basically. (I realize my definition is less than scientific, but it will suffice for the purpose of this post)

So, when in the command prompt and in the directory where you put RedSn0w, one could type:

redsn0w.exe -j -i="IPSW"

Where "IPSW" is the full location to the 4.2.1 F/W including the f/w file. What would happen is RS launches, auto-identifies the IPSW, and then chooses to just boot tethered. So how do you make this into, say, a desktop shortcut? Easy! Right-click over redsn0w.exe and select send to > create desktop shortcut. That part is simple enough, here is where it gets a teency bit sticky. Right-click over the new desktop shortcut and choose properties. Add this to the end of the target:

-j -i="C:\Users\Dave\My iPhone\firmware(s)\iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ips w" NOTE: Forum error, there is not supposed to be a space in ipsw.

Make sure to change the location of the 4.2.1 IPSW to yours. Pay close attention to the SS, be sure to leave the quote at the end of redsn0w.exe. Also, there is a single space between that end quote and the -j.

So there you have it! The only caveat is that you still have to put your iPad in DFU mode manually. But I will continue to work on this, and may find a way to automate that too. What do you guys think?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Christ6197 (01-29-2011)

Thanks

Bump! Did anyone use this? I thought it was pretty slick.. No?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix