+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories is ruining my life.

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I am trying to fix my friend's iPad that I JB a few weeks ago. I'm not exactly sure if she changed anything, but I know it's my fault that
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Categories is ruining my life.
    I am trying to fix my friend's iPad that I JB a few weeks ago. I'm not exactly sure if she changed anything, but I know it's my fault that I downloaded and installed categories. I made a folder that contains all of the Cydia packages, so opening Cydia to uninstall anything isn't an option. It doesn't have iFile, OpenSSH, or anything I could use to fix this. Even if it did, it'd be in the folder that won't open. It crashes every time I try ton open it. I know for a fact it wasn't doing this when last saw it... Does anyone have any advice on how I can open Cydia? I really don't want to have to restore it, or ruin it any more than I might have when I JB it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Search Cydia in Spotlight?

As long as she can sync it, what would the damage of a restore + JB be? Just curious. Also, why did she want it JB to begin with? If for the folders, an upgrade to 4.2.1 will remedy that as it is a built in feature. cheers!
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 01-22-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah you probably shouldn't be sticking Cydia in a Categories folder. That's just asking for trouble. But yeah do what ^ said and search for it in spotlight. Should be fine then.

Thanks

Angiepangie?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking to 4.2.1 disables Bluetooth. Fix the problem on the current firmware by rejailbreaking it on that firmware.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on 4.2.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 and my bluetooth works just fine, as I have a wiimote that is paired with it anytime I'm in the car.

Green Apple
    Thanks

disables bluetooth when trying the untethered option on a mac

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Armoredangyl View Post
    I'm on 4.2.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 and my bluetooth works just fine, as I have a wiimote that is paired with it anytime I'm in the car.
    Is yours a tethered jailbreak?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Is yours a tethered jailbreak?
    If he did it the way with 4.3b3 hashes, then he'd probably have semi-untethered jailbreak.

But I don't think you can update to 4.2b3 even if your UDID registered, I tried it last night and it didn't work, so we'd have to wait for GreenPois0n RC5 or any other untethered jailbreak.

Thanks

I am waiting for the bluetooth fix. Otherwise you may as well just run a stock 4.2.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you everyone for responding I'm pretty sure the spotlight search is disabled... meaning it's still waiting for me in her settings! I appreciate all of you so much! This never crossed my mind since I hide the feature on my iPhone. I might have to rejailbreak it since she didn't back it up to iTunes, but this should work. Standby for update and button pushing.

Thanks

Cool beans, let us know for sure :-)