Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TIP: IPAD Untethered Jailbreak 4.2.1 on Windows7 (Experimental)

Default TIP: IPAD Untethered Jailbreak 4.2.1 on Windows7 (Experimental)
    First of all I am not a developer/hacker, just a curious guy with some it background. Just couple of minutes ago I found a method to make an untethered jailbreak for windows 7 users (by chance)

That is why DevTeam is a great organization and has very talented developers it is really good idea to wait for their solution and FINAL release of the Redsn0w 0.9.7.

Please don't forget my method is only an experimental trick and it has no quarentee that it will work in every device without a problem. Never try it if you have valuable information on your device.
    I have the following files/configuration/device

- iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw (original IPAD 4.2.1 firmware)
    - iPad1,1_4.2_8C5115c_Restore.ipsw (4.2 b3 )
    - redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4
    - redsn0w_mac_0.9.7b6
    - Wmware workstation 7.1.2 build-301548
    - A Windows 7 Enterprise System with Q6600 and 8Gb RAM
    - VM Image - Hackintosh 10.6.6
    - a tethered jailbroken Ipad 3G 32 GB 4.2.1

First I planned to run the untethered jailbreak method for MAC on the Vmware (on hackintosh image)...but the process stucked on second stage every time (waiting for reboot stage)

...so I discover the trick below:

1- Run redsn0w_mac_0.9.7b6 on your Hackintosh VM, and follow the instructions. first you will show the original image (iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw)- then sellect jailbreak monte - then show the beta firmware (iPad1,1_4.2_8C5115c_Restore.ipsw (4.2 b3 ). System will be locked in white Apple screen and never rebooted for the second stage as I explained in the beginning of the topic.

SOLUTION:

Run redsn0w_win_0.9.6b4 on host system (Windows 7), and follow the Just boot tethered steps. when Ipad is rebooting cancel the windows redsnow and go back to your hackintosh VM.

Presto !!!!

jailbreak process (which was stuck on waiting for reboot stage) is continuing...

that is why it is so late and I have to work tomorrow, I didn`t try this method again (I have to work tomorrow) All I can say is . I have a windows 7 system with wmware (a hackintosh image) and AN UNTETHERED IPAD 3G with 4.2.1

Regards

PS: wifi-3g-btooth-skype and my all applications are working without any problem

Thanks

IMO it would be easier just to wait for any beta/actual release of an untethered redsn0w for windows

this is just using VMWare to run OSX,,, so its not really a windows "exclusive" JB..
    most people who are desperate for untethered will have googled and found this same answer, "run OSX in VMWare and boom done"

Im waiting for official droppidge, tethered is fine for me (for now)
    If I've helped you remember to say

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    IMO it would be easier just to wait for any beta/actual release of an untethered redsn0w for windows

this is just using VMWare to run OSX,,, so its not really a windows "exclusive" JB..
    most people who are desperate for untethered will have googled and found this same answer, "run OSX in VMWare and boom done"

Im waiting for official droppidge, tethered is fine for me (for now)
    Running MacoSx in Vmware is not the solution, because the jailbreak process stops in the second stage ( waiting reboot, for uploading ramdisk). The tip is, triggering reboot of device from host os (windows 7) by using old version of redsnow.

...but I completely agree with you, it is better idea to wait for the FINAL REDSNOW for windows. As I mentioned before, it is an experimental method. and there is no warranty to work in every device.