+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad stuck in recovery mode.

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Thank you so much.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

No prob, remember you will have to keep updating to the new betas as they come out since they have expiry dates on them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been watching this thread all day hoping for a solution, my situation is exactly the same as the OP. Have tried various combinations and none have any effect - always stuck in recovery. I can't go down to 3.x either as my iPad arrived with 4.2.1 so that's the only SHSH I have.

Even if you're a developer, you 'should' (in theory) be able to downgrade back to 4.2.1 shouldn't you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChriX View Post
    I've been watching this thread all day hoping for a solution, my situation is exactly the same as the OP. Have tried various combinations and none have any effect - always stuck in recovery. I can't go down to 3.x either as my iPad arrived with 4.2.1 so that's the only SHSH I have.

Even if you're a developer, you 'should' (in theory) be able to downgrade back to 4.2.1 shouldn't you?
    As far as apple is concerned there is no downgrading. So they say once you go to the beta you are stuck until the final version is released. In reality people have always been able to go back and just exit recovery after getting the 1015 error though. With 4.2.1 that doesn't work anymore so if you have a device with a baseband then you either have to go further back if you can or get a custom firmware with no baseband update in it. For iPad 3G though that doesn't exist right now for 4.2.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello,

I'm having the same problem with this. Does anybody know how to get the udid number from an iPad stuck in recover/boot loops?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

System profiler can tell you I think.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried that but there's nothing there that looks like udid number (its the 40 digit one right?). It just says apple mobile device (recovery mode) and then lists cpid, imei etc.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Just google how find udid recovery. You should get a few hits on how to find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

obot: If you load 4.3 so you have the 'We're unable to complete your activation' screen up in iTunes, then it will appear as an iPad in system profiler. The UDID is then shown as the serial number.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you i'll try that now

Thanks

Think I might end up joining this 4.3 malarkey, just need to source my UDID and another dev to help out lol
    If I've helped you remember to say

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ack! I did the exact same thing as the original poster. Sheesh, I don't feel like such a dumbs*it knowing I,m not the only one. I can get back to 3.2.1 fine but tried many many times in all different ways to get back to 4.2.1 and couldn't. It's a relief to know exactly WHY now. I found a place that wanted $10 to register my UDID. Is that the solution most are ending up doing?
    Thanks for this thread.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just found a method of getting UDID while stuck in recovery mode

Will post tomorrow I'm on iPod touch and I'm going bed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh yeah, forgot to post how to find UDID while stuck in recovery mode.

1. Go to My Computer
    2. C:/ folder.
    3. User folder, then click the user folder you're currently using.
    4. Go to "AppData". (must be able to view hidden files)
    5. Go to "Roaming" folder.
    6. Then go to Apple Computer folder, then MobileSync.
    7. Then go "Backup" folder, click one of them with the long numbers, and go to the bottom of the files and click "Info". (better if you open with WordPad.)
    8. Should have a line with "****'s iPad"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP
    I have an iPad on 4.2.1 I downloaded Greenpois0n after seeing notices on facebook twitter etc thinking it was for this version. I tried to jailbreak and now it is stuck in DFU mode. I have connected to iTunes and it said it needed to restore went through the restore and then loaded back and stuck at DFU. I now cannot get itunes to recognise it. I only have windows so have no other way of working on it. PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried downloading a 4.2 IPSW and doing SHIFT + UPDATE?

are you getting any errors while you're trying to restore? or is it just acting as it normally would then just sticking itself back to dfu mode after completed?
    Last edited by WmSDubStep; 01-23-2011 at 06:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks WmSDubStep. Challeneg is I got the usb and itunes piccy on the screen and cannot get it to actually go into DFU so iTunes recognises it so cannot get the Resore button on iTunes. Please note very novice at this so any help appreciated - have looked through the forum but the only DFU locks refer to 4.3. I have done no update to the firmware since official 4.2.1 came out and used iTunes to upgrade so no idea where to go next.

Update: Dont know why but got access to new PC which iPad had never been linked to before. Kicked up itunes then connected and booted to home screen - YES. Now just got to try and recover all my data etc from original PC. Suggestions appreciated.
    Lesson Learnt: Await formal public release godd jailbreak..
    Last edited by Mark-AR; 01-23-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad stuck at " We can not activate"
    I am in a similar situation while trying the ios 4.3 beta 2. I thought it would be as easy as when I upgraded to 4.2 beta. The UDID is not registered and I am not a developer. Please help registering my UDID!! Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    PM me your udid. I can register you so that 4.3 will work fine for you.

Can you please register it for me? Thanks.

JD

I paid $5 to someone to register my udid and it still says "can't activate"!!
    Last edited by jagsNY; 01-25-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Finally someone helped me register my udid and then it easily restored to 4.3