+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make my life easier please

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello all I hope someone can help me here. I hav a friends iPad that was previously jailbroken on 3.2.2 which I was goin to update to 4.2.1 untethered, like
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Make my life easier please
    Hello all I hope someone can help me here. I hav a friends iPad that was previously jailbroken on 3.2.2 which I was goin to update to 4.2.1 untethered, like an idiot I jumped straight to 4.2.1 forgettin that id need the shsh blobs for 4.2b3.

Needless to say I cant untether because I can no longer get to 4.2b3 so my solution is to downgrade it back to 3.2.2 and rejailbreak it. My only problem with that is that apple no longer sign the older firmwares.

Just before I upgraded I clicked the make my life easier button for cydia to save the shsh and got the tss pending message but then immediately updated afterwards. My ultimate question is this, does cydia hav all the info it needs to backup the shsh and is it just a case of waiting for the pending request to finalize or would I have needed to continue on 3.2.2 until the request finished?

Sorry for the story and any help is appreciated.

WeeStv

Thanks
    Thanked 14,866 Times in 6,897 Posts

Use tiny umbrella to check what SHSH cydia has on file: The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool I didnt realise that was possible, never using tiny umbrella before I just assumed it was for manually backin up, wud I be best waitin for a few days to check as its unlikely the tss request has completed this quickly right?

Thanks

Nope it wont matter. If they are there then tiny umbrella will get them. If they arent then you are out of luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks ill try that in the mornin, 2:53am isnt a great time to start messin about with things lol so does tiny umbrella check on cydia remote servers for the blobs as opposed to locally then I take it?

Thanks

Ya tiny umbrella checks for your blobs through cydia.

Thanks

cydia won't be able to get the 3.2 shsh if apple isn't signing. so unless you told cydia to "make your life easier" back when apple was still signing 3.2, 4.2.1 tethered is your only option.