+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad error 9 stuck on boot

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello I need help on recovering my ipad 64gb wifi. previously installed 3.2 and jailbroken. i performed a restart after installing drum challenge and it never went back to home
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ipad error 9 stuck on boot
    Hello

I need help on recovering my ipad 64gb wifi. previously installed 3.2 and jailbroken. i performed a restart after installing drum challenge and it never went back to home screen. i got stuck at apple logo on start up and every minute, it keeps on reboot cycle. tried to restore it to 4.2.1 but to no avail.. i only make it to the apple logo with loading bar. but after a few seconds my ipad restarts again going to recovery mode. i tried recovery on DFU and recovery mode and still failing.

i am tentative to return to apple because my ipad has a dent and would probably void warranty. and i was not able to revert it to factory settings. this might leave a trace of JB. thanks for any help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Have you tried a different USB port or cable? What version of iTunes do you have too?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have itunes 10.1... tried it on different usb's and 2 laptops already..

Thanks

sounds like something (may) have been damaged internally/shorting out

best bet is take it to an apple store, other best bet if you don't care for warranty is get it opened and see what you come up with, if anything open it, get the dent out then take it back lol
    If I've helped you remember to say

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

Ya error 9 is not an easy one to figure out. Do you have a Mac to try the restore on? I agree It could be a hardware issue too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the inputs guys...will prolly try to send it to apple..i hope they won't stick up on the dent... i heard some accepts but some dont...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phscyiipfer View Post
    thanks for the inputs guys...will prolly try to send it to apple..i hope they won't stick up on the dent... i heard some accepts but some dont...
    I had that with my iPhone when I dropped it, they wanted 250 just to look at it, my exact reply was 'balls to that' so I went home, jumped on eBay and got an LCD for 20 delivered, fitted and fixed it, noticed a crack in the screen, took it to a different apple store (they are few and far between in the UK) and got it replaced FOC and with a smile (from an attractive female 'genius')

Not complaining
    Last edited by dantehman1; 01-11-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    If I've helped you remember to say