+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I need to jailbreak to do this?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have 60 ipads scattered throughout my restaurant waiting areas and would like to find a way to track how many people are using the ipads (eyeballs) and which apps
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Do I need to jailbreak to do this?
    I have 60 ipads scattered throughout my restaurant waiting areas and would like to find a way to track how many people are using the ipads (eyeballs) and which apps are being used. Does anyone know an app or way to track total amount of usage, how much each app is being used specifically on my ipads? Someone said I might have to jailbreak the ipads to do this

Thanks!

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like a custom application. I'm sure other businesses have implemented something similar but never heard how it was done. Since Apple highly restricts what can be installed I suggest contacting the business center at Apple. It makes sense Apple should support this business activity.

Pls report back with any information. The business side is rarely discussed on MMI.

We are here to help any way we can.

Thanks

If you want to monitor how much each app is being used and how long each is used, then it sounds like you would need something that would run in the background and be very lightweight so it wouldn't affect performance. You may have to find someone to code that specific program for you.