Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voice Control fix for 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Voice Control fix for 4.2.1
    Download Package installer HERE, instal from Cydia or iFile and activate from winterboard. Unfortunately, Modmyi has denied it's entry into the repo since an iPad Voice Control Enabler already exist, even though it doesn't work!

I've also come up with a theming method to make voice control not so ugly on the iPad!! It's rather complicated to create since the voice control interface was never designed for the iPad, but the method I've come up with skins it despite these issues and even works in both landscape and vertical. The only issue you get is incompatibility with any lockscreen skins and off center text on the voice control screen in landscape orientation.

I've included 2 skin versions, one for the standard lockscreen and another compatible with the "Glasklart HD Lockscreen.theme" you get with the "Glasklart HD" pack. Note for the Glasklart one you need Glasklart installed, and it's "Glasklart HD Lockscreen" + my "iPad Voice Control-Glasklart GUI Lockscreen Fix" applied concurrently. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Halopend; 01-12-2011 at 10:37 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halopend For This Useful Post:

bubba's 69 (01-12-2011), NessLookAlike (02-06-2011)

Thanks for this. I've installed via iFile but I get code 256. Maybe I'll wait for the one on the repo.
    If I helped you in any way please click the THANKS! button below.

Even if you just want to click it for fun, go ahead, have fun.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately it's been denied entry to the repo since a voice control enabler already exist, even though it doesn't work! I've updated my post with a new Deb file which I've installed successfully via iFile and Cydia which hopefully fixes your problem.

BUMPING this because it should be featured on the front page of ModMyI. I had to install the resources manually because I couldn't make iFile install the .deb, but it works like a charm! And the themes you provided fixed the messed-up Voice Control screen to look like normal! Much appreciated! Gold star for you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A couple of people have had that problem and I don't know enough about making deb files to be sure where the trouble is though it's probably permission related as that's usually the first place things go wrong.

For the themes, I replaced the picture responsible for those blue bars on the sides that ended halfway down the screen. First I crossed my fingers apple didn't implement scaling which let the picture be as big as I wanted. At first I just went down the sides so it didn't end abruptly but then realized I could use it to cover the whole screen. I used transparency to allow the waves and word commands to show through which took several revisions to get right, but I still was annoyed that the bar at the top along the top didn't completely go across the screen. I decided I would "fake" complete it but the mirroring effect it ruined the left side of the bar at the top so I had try several different ways to hide the layering of the semi-transparent images to make it look consistent. Of course, being as anal as I am the off centre text in landscape mode annoys me thoroughly but I could never find the file responsible for it and fixing it would only make it off centre vertically so I gave up on that.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

There are lots of independent repos out there that will host your file. Submit to Big Boss or something. If he looks at your code and determines that it is in fact original work then you should have no issues getting it hosted. There are many redundant apps in Cydia that do the same thing but in different ways (code wise).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, one issue I can see is that I basically copied the support files for the framework off the iPhone since Apple removed the voices from iPad to save space. Now that I think of it though, Airplay Speaker is up on some popular repos and it just copied the framework from the Apple TV firmware ... I'll look into it.

did you just update this? i had it before from here and it was just 1 winterboard option to choose and i liked it because i could still see mt theme background. now its blue. also i figured out how to use @chpwn's voice actvator on the ipad with this but it requires getting it voice activator cracked because cydia wont allow the paid version to be installed on the ipad!

p.s. this is the only place on the net i can find voice control for 4.2.1 ipad! thanks!!
    Last edited by D_LA_ROC; 02-22-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost