Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to get 4.2 beta shsh with new iPad?

Default Possible to get 4.2 beta shsh with new iPad?
    I just got an iPad for Christmas and have it jailbroken but want to try the untethered jailbreak now. I have tried to get TU to save my SHSH but it just tells me I don't have anything on file for 3.2, 3.2.1 etc. Cydia just says I have a pending TSS report, it's been like that since I got it. My question is whether or not I can try the untethered jailbreak even though I've never had 4.2 beta. I have the ipsw but don't know if I have any SHSH on file for that firmware. Thanks in advance.

I'm In the same boat, I also got an Ipad for christmas updated to 4.2 did the tethered jailbreak, requested my blobs from Cydia and all I got was the 4.2 blob no beta3 blob. I searched and read online that apple Isn't signing the4.2beta anymore. So It looks like we are stuck with the boot tethered until they come out with a untethered break for us.

Thanks

I got the beta blob on my iPhone but only the 4.2 on the iPad

Give it a week or so and something of an untethered variety might show up ( for windows users like myself #fail )

the redsn0w beta is looking good so far, needs windows testing then needs revamping to fix the bluetooth and Skype issues then were all sorted and a final public release will drop
    If I've helped you remember to say

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't know guys. Talk on twitter is sure leaning towards using the beta shsh for untethered which is pushing it with Apple.

Thanks

thats also the talk of warez and other naughty stuff,,,,
    If I've helped you remember to say

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    thats also the talk of warez and other naughty stuff,,,,
    Yup

I long for the day when the server side checks are bypassed and we don't need all this SHSH nonsense. Oh well, the tethered jailbreak isn't that bad since I hardly ever reboot my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Root2k View Post
    I long for the day when the server side checks are bypassed and we don't need all this SHSH nonsense. Oh well, the tethered jailbreak isn't that bad since I hardly ever reboot my iPad.
    That's what I did, I don't turn my iPad off. It stays in sleep mode, also don't download any Cydia apps that need to reboot your iPad.

so many people in the same boat, including me!