Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsnow crashing USB port on tethered startup

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
hey all- had a funny thing. i have an ipad 16GB wifi that i jailbroke with redsnow 0.9.6b4 and it was working fine. using it yesterday. today, go to use
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default redsnow crashing USB port on tethered startup
    hey all-

had a funny thing. i have an ipad 16GB wifi that i jailbroke with redsnow 0.9.6b4 and it was working fine. using it yesterday. today, go to use it and no response when i hit the home or power button. thought it was odd as battery was 50% but anyways. thought i'd charge it for a bit. still no response.

then figured i'd just restart it tethered so i go to do that through redsnow but now, when i do it, it gets to the last step (after the iPad is in DFU mode) where it says "exploiting with limera1n and then all of a sudden on my PC, it gives an error message saying USB port is not recognized.

any ideas what is going on and how i can boot up the device? i'm trying to avoid restoring b/c i had a fair amt of apps on there that i'd have to reinstall through ********** and then i'd have to start all over on plants v zombies!!

thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Pay for your apps don't get them through "**********". It's pointless just spend the money. Most apps are less than $2. You have restore that's it. If you get it to recognize.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,868 Times in 6,897 Posts

Your problem is probably related to that app, which no one can help you with here as it is against forum rules to talk of warez. Consider this a warning. Now if you were to restore, not install that, and still have issues, we would be more than happy to help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry, wasn't aware of that. what's the best way to backup a jailbroken ipad for future reference?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,868 Times in 6,897 Posts

Closed