Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3G data not functioning after jailbreak

Default iPad 3G data not functioning after jailbreak
    I jailbreak my iPad 3.2.2 with limerain with no problem, but only until today when I got my iPhone 4, after I jailbreak it, I took out the sim card and insert into my iPad, and realize that 3G signal is only 1bar and is not functioning. Also YouTube keeps saying unable to connect to YouTube. May I ask anyone of you face this problem?

In the same room, my iPhone 4 is giving me full signal, just like my blackberry. So I suspect this might be caused by limerain. Any help would be very very much appreciated. Somehow google doesn't have the answer.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 7,082 Posts

Did you activate the iPad first before you jailbroke it?

activate as in connecting ipad to itunes with internet connection rite? yes i did that. coz its impossible to use an ipad w/o activate as it only show "connect to itune" screen.

But at the time i jailbreak, i didn't put in any sim card, thats for sure. do u think if i restore back to 3.2.2, put in my sim, and JB again with limerain helps?

i feel that its just me with this problem as google didn't show up any similar case.

Thanks

I havent heard any issue with this. You can try restoring and see if that helps. Do you have SHSH for 3.2.2?

hmm.. so its safe to restore to 3.2.2 and JB again? i have got rather bad experience in JB ipad, as its not as easy as iphone4.... so its just me with this problem i believe.

Thanks

Yes, but like I said you need SHSH for 3.2.2. to restore to it. I would recommend redsnow 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak. It is more stable.

yup i have i have saved my SHSH with Tiny umbrella. but just to make sure that the saved file is there, may i ask where can i locate this file?

anyway, here is a short summary of my cocked up jailbreak. my ipad is on 3.2.2 when i got it, then i jailbreak it with limerain. everything is ok, but when limerain is downloading Cydia, i accidentally click on sync from itune. so when i reset, it brings me to this apple logo screen which stuck there for over a nite. and i restore it again with 3.2.2 then after that it give me a total black screen, so i got frustrated, and restore it with 4.2.2. Then i google and realise that i need to use tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery. But i remember tiny umbrella didn't allow me to click kick out of recovery, instead i press the combo button for DFU and finally bring out of recovery. few days later, i got bored and i downgrade to 3.2.2 (i remember amending host file to include a sentence to bypass itune). i wonder if these messy things that i did which cause the 3G and youtube problem..

Thanks

Not too sure. I would recommend a clean restore and make sure everything is working first. Then use redsnow to jailbreak instead.

but since m on 3.2.2 do i still need SHSH 3.2.2 ? anyway i check tiny umbrella, it has 3.2.2 there.

restore back to 3.2.2 and activate with sim card inserted. now everything is ok. so for 3G ipad user, be reminded to activate ur 3G ipad with sim BEFORE u Jailbreak.
    Last edited by uniquexme; 12-28-2010 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost