+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Create shsh blobs for 3.2.2

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a new iPad 3G 64. It came with firmware 3.2.2 and baseband 06.15.00 installed. I have jail broken it using limera1n. For some reason when I use Tiny
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Create shsh blobs for 3.2.2
    I have a new iPad 3G 64. It came with firmware 3.2.2 and baseband 06.15.00 installed. I have jail broken it using limera1n. For some reason when I use Tiny Umbrella it saves the blob as iPad 4.2.1 (8C148) even though it reports the Installed FW as 3.2.2 and BB 06.15.00-6.4_M3S2. I have tried to stored this on Cydia as well but Cydia reports the blob as "pending TSS"

I don't get this mismatch between the FW version that Tiny Umbrella is showing. Also, I can not seem to restore FW 3.2.2. Apple says my device is not eligible for 3.2.2 even though both Tiny Umbrella and the iPad say that this is the version installed on my device. Is this because Apple does not support this FW version any longer? Is there a way for me to create a 3.2.2 blob since my device is still at FW 3.2.2 / BB 06.15.00?

Tks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm guessing it's because the 3.2.2 IPSW is no longer signed by Apple. Fwiw, I had the *exact* same thing happen to me. After jailbreaking it with Limerain, I no longer had wifi. It showed to be turned on and to have a great signal, but it wasn't working. I could not access the internet or send/receive emails. Could not restore to 3.2.2 to "un-jailbreak" it to attempt to troubleshoot it, so finally gave up and upgraded to 4.2.1. Tinyumbrella told me the exact same thing as you.
    Just going to wait for the untethered jb that's coming for 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did a lot of searching and found that Apple no longer signs 3.2.2 for the iPad. It looks like Apple is only signing 4.2.1 now. This means that even though my iPad came new with 3.2.2 I can not restore it to any IOS FW except 4.2.1 or later versions as they are released. To be able to restore to older FW versions I would have needed to have the iPad when these earlier FW versions were still being signed by Apple and of course I would have needed to back up the shsh blobs on Cydia or TinyUmbrella. I was so happy to find that my iPad came with 3.2.2 only to be let down after discovering this. I was however able to use limera1n to jailbreak 3.2.2 and everything including Wifi is working fine. I only wanted to move to 4.2.x so I would have multitasking but even with the new release of redsn0w untethered I may have to wait a while because it depends on having a shsh blob for FW 4.23b. BTW, I was able to jailbreak a friends iPad by creating a custom 4.2.1 ipsw with Pwnage Tool 4.2.1 but it was a tethered jailbreak. The one question I still have is if I would be able to restore my iPad to 3.2.2 from a iTunes backup. I suspect iTunes would prevent this and force me to update to 4.2.1. Anyone have an answer to this?

Tks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joncee1949 View Post
    I did a lot of searching and found that Apple no longer signs 3.2.2 for the iPad. It looks like Apple is only signing 4.2.1 now. This means that even though my iPad came new with 3.2.2 I can not restore it to any IOS FW except 4.2.1 or later versions as they are released. To be able to restore to older FW versions I would have needed to have the iPad when these earlier FW versions were still being signed by Apple and of course I would have needed to back up the shsh blobs on Cydia or TinyUmbrella. I was so happy to find that my iPad came with 3.2.2 only to be let down after discovering this. I was however able to use limera1n to jailbreak 3.2.2 and everything including Wifi is working fine. I only wanted to move to 4.2.x so I would have multitasking but even with the new release of redsn0w untethered I may have to wait a while because it depends on having a shsh blob for FW 4.23b. BTW, I was able to jailbreak a friends iPad by creating a custom 4.2.1 ipsw with Pwnage Tool 4.2.1 but it was a tethered jailbreak. The one question I still have is if I would be able to restore my iPad to 3.2.2 from a iTunes backup. I suspect iTunes would prevent this and force me to update to 4.2.1. Anyone have an answer to this?

Tks
    OR you could jailbreak with limera1n/greenpo1son and the build a custom 3.2.2 firmware with pwnage tool. Then you can always restore back to the custom 3.2.2 IF you ever need to restore back to something that is a solid jailbreak.
    No signature spam or links

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You would still need SHSHs to restore to a custom firmware.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You would still need SHSHs to restore to a custom firmware.
    Since when?

I've never needed SHSH to restore any of my Iphones with a custom firmware.

I've always used Itunes and done everything from there. Never used Tiny or anything to grab the SHSH during restore.
    No signature spam or links

Thanks

Ok. Well if you say so. If it were that easy to just restore to custom firmwares to downgrade, why aren't we all doing it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if i am not wrong, since 3gs shsh must for restore to any firmware, and 3g able to restore through DFU without shsh

this what i understand, correct me if i am wrong

Thanks

iPhone 3G can restore to 3.1.x without SHSHs. It still requires SHSHs to restore to iOS 4 and up. iPhone 3GS needs SHSHs for all firmware versions.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Since when?

I've never needed SHSH to restore any of my Iphones with a custom firmware.

I've always used Itunes and done everything from there. Never used Tiny or anything to grab the SHSH during restore.
    cydia probably saved your shsh files for you without you knowing. either that or you restored while apple was still signing whatever firmware version you restored to