Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 4.2

Default Jailbreak 4.2
    Hello all,
    As I heard jailbreak for iOS 4.0 for iPad is gonna be out by christmas, does anyone have any idea if it's out already and from where to download it?
    Thnx

Ok 4.2???? My iPad is jailbroken now tether tho, using redsnow

Thanks

Untethered MIGHT be under the tree when you wake up tomorrow. :-)

I can't wait anymore for the Untethered
    It should be ouuutttt !!!

Last edited by Bibo0; 12-31-2010 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Has anyone tried B3?
    I'm waiting to upgrade my iPad from 3.2.1 to 4.2.1 until there is a working untethered JB.

I have the WiFi only version, so I don't care about preserving the baseband or unlocking.

I heard a rumor that its still tethered JB on the iPad and that there were problems with Bluetooth with the betas. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors?
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well

I've been testing it on a WiFi iPad, and so far under b3, everything is working great for me except Bluetooth, which is a known (and solvable) issue. It is definitely UN-tethered.

The JB has somewhat stiff requirements (Mac only, blobs for 4.2b3, command line entry), but it's very encouraging. I hope they manage to remove the 4.2b3 blob requirement though, or there are a pretty limited number of folks that will be able to use it.

Thanks

You forget to mention that this is all in beta,,, i.e not for anyone, only those who fit the description and have the ability to test/problem solve,,, give it afew days and there will be an untethered working jailbreak out there
    If I've helped you remember to say

Green Apple
    Thanks

You mentioned that the bluetooth issue is solvable. How did you resolve it?

I seem to have blobs for 4.2b3 in Cydia even though I've never run that version of iOS. It may have been from Tiny Umbrella. It can save SHSH blobs for versions that you aren't even running.

I kind of have a MAC. I have Snow Leopard running as a VM under VMware. It may or may not work for jailbreaking because I think they do some direct access to the USB port. Since VMware virtualizes the USB port, It may not work.
    Devices: iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 (old boot ROM), iPad 2 64GB/3G/4.10.01 iOS 4.3.3, Android and WM phones as well

Quote Originally Posted by EmailGuy View Post
    You mentioned that the bluetooth issue is solvable. How did you resolve it?

I seem to have blobs for 4.2b3 in Cydia even though I've never run that version of iOS. It may have been from Tiny Umbrella. It can save SHSH blobs for versions that you aren't even running.

I kind of have a MAC. I have Snow Leopard running as a VM under VMware. It may or may not work for jailbreaking because I think they do some direct access to the USB port. Since VMware virtualizes the USB port, It may not work.
    Sorry, I didn't mean that I could solve it. MuscleNerd tweeted that he knew the solution, but hadn't gotten around to implementing it yet.

I doubt a virtualized MacOS will work for this, but if you try it, let us know how it goes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean that I could solve it. MuscleNerd tweeted that he knew the solution, but hadn't gotten around to implementing it yet.

I doubt a virtualized MacOS will work for this, but if you try it, let us know how it goes.
    If the bluetooth issue isn't solved yet, I'll have to hold off. I have the WiFi only version of the iPad and I tether it to my iPhone using bluetooth.

Thanks

If the bluetooth issue isn't solved yet, I'll have to hold off. I have the WiFi only version of the iPad and I tether it to my iPhone using bluetooth.
    What do you use to tether?? MyWi is the way forward,,, as it's all WiFI

I use my WiFi iPad with my 3G running MyWi and have never had a problem

Additionally you can JB your iPad 4.2.1 no problems, it's just tethered at present, give it a week and there will be an untethered working version of redsn0w where you can just click and it's done, if you are going to JB now just don't let your iPad battery die or reboot,,, if you do you have to boot tethered using your PC/Mac

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    What do you use to tether?? MyWi is the way forward,,, as it's all WiFI

I use my WiFi iPad with my 3G running MyWi and have never had a problem

Additionally you can JB your iPad 4.2.1 no problems, it's just tethered at present, give it a week and there will be an untethered working version of redsn0w where you can just click and it's done, if you are going to JB now just don't let your iPad battery die or reboot,,, if you do you have to boot tethered using your PC/Mac
    I use iTether for the iPad. I do have MyWi. I've found that MyWi uses up the battery on the iPhone much faster than bluetooth tethering. I even lowered the transmit power of the WiFi with MyWi and it still can't compete. Besides that, MyWi use WEP which can be cracked in about 2 munutes with the latest tools. Have you ever heard of someone scanning for bluetooth devices to use their tethering for Internet access?

I also use a bluetooth GPS module sometimes with my iPad with Navigon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

I use iTether for the iPad. I do have MyWi. I've found that MyWi uses up the battery on the iPhone much faster than bluetooth tethering. I even lowered the transmit power of the WiFi with MyWi and it still can't compete. Besides that, MyWi use WEP which can be cracked in about 2 munutes with the latest tools. Have you ever heard of someone scanning for bluetooth devices to use their tethering for Internet access?
    Yes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I jailbroke using the tethered method and on the second reboot, it got stuck at the apple screen. I'll be waiting for untethered!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    I jailbroke using the tethered method and on the second reboot, it got stuck at the apple screen. I'll be waiting for untethered!
    That's because every time you reboot you have to boot tethered using redsn0w. 2 mins if that of your time

Is jailbreak still possible?
    The links to redsnow dont work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yes it is

I get so far then it says redsnow has stopped working and shows downloading jailbreak data on ipad,
    what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waksat View Post
    I get so far then it says redsnow has stopped working and shows downloading jailbreak data on ipad,
    what am I doing wrong ?
    Run as an administrator (in windows)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dantehman1 For This Useful Post:

waksat (01-16-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast