+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is my Ipad not jailbreaking!

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'd LOVE to JB my NEW Ipad..BUT..I'll wait for the Final Version of Red Snow since I accidentally updated my Iphone also..
    Thanks

I'd LOVE to JB my NEW Ipad..BUT..I'll wait for the Final Version of Red Snow since I accidentally updated my Iphone also..
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is the iPad Jailbreak temporarily a tethered one? I just bought my iPad today but don't want to have a tethered jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,805 Times in 6,884 Posts

There should be a untethered jailbreak soon.

Thanks

Hey,

If you are thinking of jailbreaking a new ipad, the tethered one isn't that bad at all in my opinion. I have only had to reboot twice due to downloads through cydia, then apart from that its been plain sailing. I was a bit unsure whether to go for the tehtered jailbreak, but so glad I did...I will even stay tethered once the untethered version comes out.

Danny

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stroodle View Post
    Hey,

If you are thinking of jailbreaking a new ipad, the tethered one isn't that bad at all in my opinion. I have only had to reboot twice due to downloads through cydia, then apart from that its been plain sailing. I was a bit unsure whether to go for the tehtered jailbreak, but so glad I did...I will even stay tethered once the untethered version comes out.

Danny
    Ok, so based on your glowing recommendation I just dove off the deep end and upgraded to 4.2.1 and JB tethered. I had to follow the instructions and redsn0w initially to put Cydia on, then redsn0w again to reboot tethered, and after Cydia upgraded itself, had to redsn0w again to reboot tethered, but it all seems to be working now. One helpful hint I found was to SSH into the iPad as soon as possible and make use of the /sbin/halt command when Cydia wants you to click to reboot. That saves the time of missing the reboot, then having to power down for redsn0w and all that. Good luck, and yes, definitely an untethered JB would be a great Christmas present!!!!

Thanks

I'm having what I think is a stupid problem when trying to jailbreak my iPad. I plug it into a USB port on my PC and shut down the iPad. However, it doesn't stay off for very long. It turns itself back on. I try again to turn it off and it comes back on. What's going on and how can I stop this from happening? Do I need to restore?

Thanks

Hey Engel,

I had the same problem...what I did was this. Get to the screen in redsnow where it says that you have to have your ipad pluuged into the computer and switched off before you proceed. Whilst it is on this screen you will put it into dfu mode first.

So, plug the ipad in. Leave it on. Make sure you are on your icon page (springboard). Hold down the home and power button together until the screen goes black, when this happens release the power button and continue to hold home for a further 8-9 seconds. If you are on windows, ave your speakers on and you will hear a noise at the different stages.

Now your ipad is in dfu..solid black screen. Go back on to redsnow and click next....and you will no longer have to go by the instructions redsnow is giving you to get into dfu...it will just automatically start jailbreaking. I hope this helps.

Danny

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12