+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia empty of contents after JB iPad 4.2.1

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi all I just updated my iPad to iOS 4.2.1 with redsn0w and after finished I boot on tethered mode. Everything seems to work fine except cydia which starts normal,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cydia empty of contents after JB iPad 4.2.1
    Hi all

I just updated my iPad to iOS 4.2.1 with redsn0w and after finished I boot on tethered mode.

Everything seems to work fine except cydia which starts normal, does the downloading psckages thing as usual but after that, the repository, sources and packages are totally empty, trying to add a know source as modmyi does not do anything good, etc.

I've repeated the redsn0w JB process twice and same result

any hint of what can I do? I dont have root access to the OS since I lose all my cydia apps after upgrading to 4.2.1.

thanks in advance!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Try restoring, then set the ipad up as new, then jailbreak to see if the source are there. It could be your backup causing these issues.

Developer
    Thanks

Make sure your connected to the Internet and make sure the Internet works via safari, then load Cydia (b4 of redsn0w), and it should load sources, as it'll be first like installing or setting up Cydia chose your mode developer normal.... Then it should reload, but key thing Internet connection first verify it works then go ahead.