Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad IOS 4.2.1 & BTStack

Question iPad IOS 4.2.1 & BTStack
    Has anyone else had any problems getting the BTStack to install and work on their iPad?

I have spent the better part of the afternoon getting my iPad jailbroken and Cydia halfheartedly working on it, only to crash it completely. Twice!

I started off with a fresh restore of the IOS 4.2.1 firmware, then proceeded to use redsn0w v0.9.6b3 to process the jailbreak and add SSH functionality to it. I had a heck of a time getting good and reliable files initially, but once I found them, I got it working pretty quickly.

The problem is after I first tried installing the BTStack mouse driver, the iPad needed to reboot. I tethered it up and rebooted, only to remain stuck at the pineapple logo the entire time. I tried doing it a few more times, but nothing worked so I had to restore from scratch again.

The second time, after I got it all working and re-synced again, I tried to install SNES4iPhone. This app apparently installs the BTStack driver with itself automagically, and now I am back to the same problem as before. The screen is stuck on the pineapple logo.

Are there any known problems with using BTStack on the iPad? Or is this a 4.2.1 IOS incompatibility that will need to be worked out? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.

This is a compatibility issue. That is why, especially for iPad, it is best to wait a week or two for the devs to update their apps. This always happens when a new firmware comes out, especially a major revision, such as the jump from 3.2 to 4.2. Unless you have to have the new features, downgrade back to 3.2...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks for the info. If I hadn't been using the new 4.2 IOS since the beta came out, I probably would just switch back to 3.2.2. However, I have become too accustomed to the extra features of 4.2.1 and will just remain here without adding the BTStack until it has been updated. Thanks again!

does cydia work on ipad and ********** and the apps ofcourse