Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Me Please!! I can't see any of my ipad icon!!

Default Help Me Please!! I can't see any of my ipad icon!!
    Hi all i have a jailbronken ipad(ver3.2.1). Out of a sudden today the all the icons on my ipad cant be seen it's only visible when i'm in safe mode. The SHSH in my cydia is IOS3.2.2,4.2b3

How can i save my poor ipad!!
    Thanks in advance for your kind help. Really appreciate it.
    Last edited by jiawei_0727; 11-19-2010 at 10:19 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Backup yOur iPad. Then restore it to 3.2.2 and jb it with limera1n or greenp0ison. Then just download all your cydia apps and tweaks and restore from backup in iTunes.

Before doing that have you tried a hard reset. And disable all your winterboard themes and respiring.

Do apps open up if you touch the screen.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rickym22 For This Useful Post:

mariobellini99 (11-21-2010)

Default 3gs do not know if it is blocked
    hi purchsed a second hand 3gs v 4.1 baseband 05.14.02 i went in the 02 shop and purchaced payasyougo simcard .iam stil waiting for phone to activate. i can acess the net threw the simcard ihad the wifi turn off . the phone is jailbroken with limera1n i did install ultrasn0w 1.1.1 which, left the phone in searching mode so i unistalled ultrasn0w the 02 logo has come back but i am not getting any signal bars . so i think i might of damage the phone or could the phone be blocked. but if it. was blocked why would be able to use the internet threw the simcard,. and does anyone think the hack that is coming out soon would help. many thanks mariobellini,
    Last edited by mariobellini99; 11-21-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: i wouid just like i dont know if i have put this in the right place

Quote Originally Posted by mariobellini99 View Post
    hi purchsed a second hand 3gs v 4.1 baseband 05.14.02 i went in the 02 shop and purchaced payasyougo simcard .iam stil waiting for phone to activate. i can acess the net threw the simcard ihad the wifi turn off . the phone is jailbroken with limera1n i did install ultrasn0w 1.1.1 which, left the
    phone in searching mode so i unistalled ultrasn0w the 02 logo has come back but i am not
    getting any signal bars . so i think i might of damage the
    phone or could the phone be
    blocked. but if it. was blocked
    why would be able to use the internet threw the simcard,. and
    does anyone think the hack that is coming out soon would
    help. many thanks
    mariobellini,
    edit read the question all wrong sorry
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 11-21-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

mariobellini99 (11-21-2010)

does your springboard keep crashing if so it could be the thing you installed threw cydia

does your springboard crash if so it could be the last thing you installed through cydia just unistall it
    Last edited by mariobellini99; 11-21-2010 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

does your springboard keep crashing if so it could be the thing you installed threw cydia

does your springboard crash if so it could be the last thing you installed through cydia just unistall it
    Correct
    Dont restore you can fix this easy
    Since it works in safe mode it has to be something coming from cydia

SOLUTION
    Boot into regular mode where the problem is appearing
    Open SBSettings-> More-> Mobile Substrate Addons-> Turn stuff of until the problem goes away

IMPORTANT WARNING
    once you find the fault Package First turn it back ON in Mobile Substrate Addons then uninstall it in cydia other wise the problem could stay if it's not first turned on before you uninstall it

NEXT
    Respond back letting us all know the problem Package thanks

When this works please thank me on site else please keep talking

hi purchsed a second hand 3gs v 4.1 baseband 05.14.02 i went in the 02 shop and purchaced payasyougo simcard .iam stil waiting for phone to activate. i can acess the net threw the simcard ihad the wifi turn off . the phone is jailbroken with limera1n i did install ultrasn0w 1.1.1 which, left the phone in searching mode so i unistalled ultrasn0w the 02 logo has come back but i am not getting any signal bars . so i think i might of damage the phone or could the phone be blocked. but if it. was blocked why would be able to use the internet threw the simcard,. and does anyone think the hack that is coming out soon would help. many thanks mariobellini,
    Sorry guy, not even close lol. It's ok though, you may want to post this in the iPhone forums, instead of the iPad forums. Best of luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Correct
    Dont restore you can fix this easy
    Since it works in safe mode it has to be something coming from cydia

SOLUTION
    Boot into regular mode where the problem is appearing
    Open SBSettings-> More-> Mobile Substrate Addons-> Turn stuff of until the problem goes away

IMPORTANT WARNING
    once you find the fault Package First turn it back ON in Mobile Substrate Addons then uninstall it in cydia other wise the problem could stay if it's not first turned on before you uninstall it

NEXT
    Respond back letting us all know the problem Package thanks

When this works please thank me on site else please keep talking
    Here is the potential problem: This is assuming that SBSettings is installed. IMHO, SBSettings should be installed by default while a device is being jail broken (right along side of Cydia).

Any how, @OP: if you do not have SBSettings installed, then another option is to do this.

When in safemode, go into Cydia, and uninstall the last thing you installed or updated. If that doesn't resolve your problem, then install SBSettings and follow the above, as it is the easiest. There certainly no reason to jump the gun and restore, the fix should be pretty easy,

As a tip, when you have an issue where you are being kicked into safemode, or the only way your device acts normally is in safemode, then most likely the root of the problem is a malfunctioning Mobile Substrate add-on. If you cannot get out of safemode, meaning when you tap on the "restart" button of the safemode dialog box and you are just kicked back into safemode, then all is not lost, still. I recommend getting iFile in Cydia, you can do this while in safemode. Once in iFile, navigate to this directory: '/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/'. In this directory are all of the MS dylib files. Find the dylib of the file that you most recently installed, they typically are named something similar to the app name. When you find the file, rename it so the extension is .disabled instead of .dylib. Honeslty, you can rename it to whatever you want, but this makes it easier for you to remember what is disabled. Also, do not worry about the plist file, you do not need to rename it. Once you do this, exit iFile, then tap on the status bar to bring up the SafeMode prompt, and tap restart. If this doesnt clear up your problem, then continue with the process of renaming dylibs to disabled. Be sure to leave the name of the extension alone, and just change the extension to ".disabled". Now, most likely you will find the cause of your problem this way. But there is a slight chance that you won't. Either way, report back here. This is quite technical, but this is how one can determine what extension is not functioning properly.

It is a tricky situation you are in, but you can fix it! You can do it! (water boy, anyone?)
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 11-22-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

tittles says ipad and whine about your 3GS. go figure!