+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I would PAY for the rotation lock switch! (hint hint!)

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Ok, I'm not jailbroken right now, since I am running GM2. Ok coders- here is your challenge.... Stevie the great Satan has turned our screen orientation lock switch from something
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry I would PAY for the rotation lock switch! (hint hint!)
    Ok, I'm not jailbroken right now, since I am running GM2.

Ok coders- here is your challenge....

Stevie the great Satan has turned our screen orientation lock switch from something very useful to utter crap.

Write a small program to put it back the way it should be. A Screen orientation lock.

I would PAY for that.

Thanks,

Drakba

Thanks
    Thanked 14,750 Times in 6,860 Posts

I have seen quite a few people wanting this. Maybe a tweak will be made in cydia to change it back after 4.2 comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will pay also . . .

Banned
    Thanks

I just downgraded from 4.2GM2 to 3.2.2 as I like backgrounder better then native multitasking and the switch is totally useless.
    The mute doesn't work. I clicked it to Mute and music still played, and I went into 2 games and they both still had sound.

When there is a tweak to change the swith back to rotation lock and its jailbreaked and all my apps/tweaks are working again is when I think about upgrading, now before as there is no real need.

If I waited I would be getting some sleep as now I have to reinstall all apps and set them up again as the backup never finished after 3 days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I just downgraded from 4.2GM2 to 3.2.2 as I like backgrounder better then native multitasking and the switch is totally useless.
    The mute doesn't work. I clicked it to Mute and music still played, and I went into 2 games and they both still had sound.

When there is a tweak to change the swith back to rotation lock and its jailbreaked and all my apps/tweaks are working again is when I think about upgrading, now before as there is no real need.

If I waited I would be getting some sleep as now I have to reinstall all apps and set them up again as the backup never finished after 3 days.
    That is exactly why I don't mess with Betas or even GMs. I wait until it is publicly dropped, and has been JB. I hate reinstalling apps, doing all of my manual tweaks over and such.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    That is exactly why I don't mess with Betas or even GMs. I wait until it is publicly dropped, and has been JB. I hate reinstalling apps, doing all of my manual tweaks over and such.
    Amen. If I wanted to work, I'd get a job.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LearningMan For This Useful Post:

Hillsdale (11-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LearningMan View Post
    Amen. If I wanted to work, I'd get a job.
    Lol!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

New tweak in cydia today from BigBoss repo called NoMute for iPad. Looks like you got your wish OP.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea the rotation switch is back

Banned
    Thanks

Its back but it still mutes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I thought this was a f@#$%$# joke. Why on earth would those idiots get rid of the orientation screen lock in favor of a mute button that the volume controls already function as? What the f#@$?

I don't even want the stupid thing anymore. I used it to read a lot especially when going to bed. Now I can't turn the thing sideways. I guess the only option now is to JB.

Is there any serious reason for doing this other than making the thing less functional so we would have to but the next one when it comes out with both buttons?

This changes the essence of the product. I want a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by drakba View Post
    Ok, I'm not jailbroken right now, since I am running GM2.

Ok coders- here is your challenge....

Stevie the great Satan has turned our screen orientation lock switch from something very useful to utter crap.

Write a small program to put it back the way it should be. A Screen orientation lock.

I would PAY for that.

Thanks,

Drakba

Thanks

Umm, you know you can still lock the orientation right? You just have to double tap to bring up the multitask bar, swipe left and press the orientation button...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

TitusVorenus (11-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Umm, you know you can still lock the orientation right? You just have to double tap to bring up the multitask bar, swipe left and press the orientation button...
    Uh, no I didn't. I just figured it out after googling. It wasn't mentioned on apple's software update page. Apple - iOS 4.2 Software Update

Subversive bastards. Apple is becoming the evil empire. I don't want my essential hardware functionality changed. Even if I can still lock the orientation I don't like the switch change after purchase. It's like buying a car and then after the shop performs the first maintenance they change the turning signal to the other side of the steering wheel. It will never feel good again.

Thanks

Ya, I'm not so sure it was the best decision they have made to change that either.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

ya who cares, to mute the damn thing all you gotta do is hold the volume button down for a second and it mutes! Magical...F U Steve! There was no need to move the rotation lock it was fine the way it was! I dont use it much. but why change it when you already have a functioning mute in that same location?
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-26-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Developer
    Thanks

There is a jailbreak app in Cydia called no mute or something like that and it gives the iPad back it's orientation control via the switch. I recommend doing that feels like 3.2 for orientation back again .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I never liked that switch because I'm handicapped and it really hurts my hand to use that switch.

Is there a way to Toggle orientation lock using a swipe / gesture? That's really the hack that I want, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Read the thread, the answer is in here. Seems like apple is catering to you.

Quote Originally Posted by barty View Post
    I never liked that switch because I'm handicapped and it really hurts my hand to use that switch.

Is there a way to Toggle orientation lock using a swipe / gesture? That's really the hack that I want, thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess I should've said as single gesture, not going through several steps

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didn't like how they removed the screen lock either.

I cried, I bitched, i moaned

Then I read the new way to do it. Can probably unlock and lock in less than a second. Not really much I can complain about now without sounding lazy