+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clean uninstall of Notifier?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Recently I installed Notifier/Reminder.app from Cydia -- it worked great for a while, but for some reason didn't seem to deliver any notifications when I was using iCab Mobile (which
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Clean uninstall of Notifier?
    Recently I installed Notifier/Reminder.app from Cydia -- it worked great for a while, but for some reason didn't seem to deliver any notifications when I was using iCab Mobile (which is my main browser on the iPad). Figuring it was a compatibility glitch, I shrugged and uninstalled Notifier.

But for the life of me, even though the app itself is gone, I cannot get the tiny N statusbar icon to go away when I'm using apps like Mail, Safari, etc. Is there anything else I have to dig up and delete to get a clean uninstall? Is the statusbar icon from a different app entirely, and I'm just having a stupid moment?

(Firmware is 3.2.2, if that helps.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clean uninstall of Notifier?-photo.png  

Thanks

Isn't that the status bar image for backgrounder?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

That is the image for backgrounder when an app that is native backgrouding is open.

Thanks

Wohoo I win da web!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix