Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-11-2010, 03:28 PM #1Using iTunes and/or 3G with jailbroken iPad
I just bought a 3G iPad and am looking into jailbreaking it but I have a few questions. First of all, allow me to apologize if these have already been covered elsewhere and if I come across as a complete noob. I've never jailbroken anything before so this is a new experience for me.
(1) Can a jailbroken iPad be synced with iTunes? If not, how do you get your music and movies onto it?
(2) Is it still possible to add files with apps like VLC, GoodReader, and comic and book readers (where you can add your own files from your computer by browsing via iTunes)? If not, then how do you get said files onto the jailbroken iPad to use with those apps?
(3) If I jailbreak my iPad, is there any harm/dangers/concerns over syncing it to my legit iTunes account info?
(4) After jailbreaking, is there any harm/danger/concerns over signing up with AT&T for 3G? Will it continue to function? What if I sign up for 3G before I jailbreak - does that matter?
(5) If I have already purchased apps through the app store, will I lose them after a jailbreak?
(6) Is it easy to reset the iPad back to its factory fresh settings if I screw this all up?
Thank you in advance. I'm sure I sound like a complete idiot but these are the things that are holding me up from jailbreaking.
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM #2
4: Probably no
I have done all except for 4 & 6
10-12-2010, 07:44 AM #3
Thanks, iggychins. I guess I'm concerned that I'm going to royally screw up a $729 purchase or otherwise screw up my account with iTunes where I've purchased plenty of apps and such already for my iPod Touch.
So, does anyone know a good, solid answer for my question #4: After jailbreaking, is there any harm/danger/concerns over signing up with AT&T for 3G? Will it continue to function? What if I sign up for 3G before I jailbreak - does that matter?
Has anyone tried either scenario for themselves?
10-13-2010, 11:31 PM #4
I just did it on my friend's 3G one and she's had no problem, so Question 4 is NO
The Following User Says Thank You to iggychins For This Useful Post:
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM #5
As long as you play it safe, JBing your 3G iPad will cause no issues. You can always restore it, which will bring it back to a stock or factory setting. I have my 64GB 3G iPad JB, and have not had any issues with syncing with my iTunes account, nor have I had any issues with my 3G service. Hope that helpsAnd it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:
10-15-2010, 08:20 AM #6
A huge thanks to both of you. I've been a bit worried that somehow I'd end up shooting myself in the foot if I tried to jailbreak on a 3G model - not sure why. Thanks again!
10-15-2010, 11:28 AM #7
No prob, sometimes having a bit of reassurance is a great thing!And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
10-19-2010, 11:57 AM #8
It's good to ask questions!!!! Instead of pretending to know. Extreme pressure these days for people to feel like they need to know everything. Which is impossible!!!