+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to transfer videos onto JB ipad for cinexplayer or vlc w/o itunes?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
didn't know what forum to ask this in but since it involves a JB ipad thought I would start here. wanted to find a way to transfer avi files for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default how to transfer videos onto JB ipad for cinexplayer or vlc w/o itunes?
    didn't know what forum to ask this in but since it involves a JB ipad thought I would start here.

wanted to find a way to transfer avi files for cinexplayer or vlc w/o syncing to itunes since i wanted to get movies froma s friend w/oi syncing to his itunes (and thus ruining my itunes sync).

can i just transfer it to some directory?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not just copy the movies onto a flash drive and loading them onto your computer and just install the movies using your own iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let's say my friend wants to come over and I have movies i would like to put on her ipad. I would like to root the device that is already jailbroken and send the files to a directory that cinexplayer and/or vlc is looking for media files.

I don't have the latest itunes installed (nor do i want to have it) and don't want to mess up any sync for this ipad with my computer vs. her computer.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Way over complicating this. Possible? Yes, you could use a USB based iPhone browser or ssh, but if your dealing with large video files (in this case, 200mb or more, which isn't large at all for videos), they are going to take forever to transfer. If you're that bound and determined then just load a video on yours via iTunes and search through your phones system files to see where it's stored.

Thanks

For VLC, it's easy. Go to the documents folder in the VLC app folder, and just paste movies there. Works great for me. I tried it for fun, there really is no use for that. Why would you not upgrade to the newest iTunes? That doesn't make much sense...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix