+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with ipad..please help

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I tried to search around for a situation like mine but was unable to find anything similar so i decided to make a thread about it. so i purchased a
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default need help with ipad..please help
    I tried to search around for a situation like mine but was unable to find anything similar so i decided to make a thread about it.

so i purchased a used ipad already jailbroken on 3.2.1. It had the previous owners stuff so i went to settings and did erase data and reset all settings. after that, my ipad went into reboot mode and never got out. I tried recbook to knock it out of reboot mode but no luck. I tried to do a restore but nothing. So after everything, i gave up and decided to do a fresh install of 3.2.2, knowing i will lose jailbreak. I tried but i think my ipad freezes almost 90% into the restore. the bar goes close to done but just stops there. i dont know why the apple non-jailbroken restore is not working. I do not know if the previous owner had their cydia shsh backups, but i doubt it since i tried with tinyumbrella and nothing came up. please someone must know what i should be able to do get my ipad working again. i would love to have it back on 3.2.1 jailbroken, but if thats not possible, im willing to get a new 3.2.2 copy installed..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

What version of iTunes do you have?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    its itunes 10. do you think the itunes version might be effecting the restore..

Thanks

It shouldn't. Did you try in DFU and/or recovery mode?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yepp..tried both..i have another mac, i will try on that. maybe it will work

Thanks

By chance do you have wifi sync installed? If so uninstall it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

sharkonland (09-23-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,664 Times in 5,930 Posts

DFU mode should work for a restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    By chance do you have wifi sync installed? If so uninstall it.
    this was the culprit. i had it installed from my 3gs days and totally forgot about it. i uninstalled it and thankfully, the restore went through smoothly. Im still kind of mad i had 3.2.1 jailbroken and now im stuck with 3.2.2.

Thanks

You could always give a try to redirect and downgrade. You never know if the other person may have clicked the make my life easier button.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharkonland View Post
    this was the culprit. i had it installed from my 3gs days and totally forgot about it. i uninstalled it and thankfully, the restore went through smoothly. Im still kind of mad i had 3.2.1 jailbroken and now im stuck with 3.2.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    You could always give a try to redirect and downgrade. You never know if the other person may have clicked the make my life easier button.
    Use Firmware Umbrella to check and see if the blobs are on file before going through the (pontential 2x) restore process.

Yeah, I remember the first time I tried restoring my phone after WiFi Sync was released. That was definitely some of the more frustrating couple of days for me in this community as nobody had realized what the cause of it was and the dev wasn't exactly the most forthcoming with assistance (which sadly has even worsened since then).