Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM #1Buying New iPad In 1 Hour - Question About JB
Hello All -
I've been in the JB scene since about FW 1.1.4 so know a fair deal about how it all works. During this time, I've used a 2G, 3G, 3GS, & now iPhone 4.
Today my wife wants a new iPad. We were just in the Apple store and asked 2 people which FW came on theirs (to see if they were 3.2.2) and they said they didn't know but that it doesn't matter because you can copy any to the device (yeah, right).
In our area, there's an Apple store and BestBuy. I passed on getting an iPad from the Apple store as I'm sure their stock rotates faster and we'd have a better chance getting a 3.2.1 device at BestBuy so thats where we are heading now.
My questions are:
1. I know that the Dev Team has no JB for 3.2.2 now as they were waiting for 4.1 this week, but will iPad receive a new FW at the same time the iPhone does (this week)?
2. Is there a way to downgrade 3.2.2 on the iPad currently with me NOT having the SHSHs since it's new?
3. Not really a question - please just give me ideas on what do do here.
Fast replies would be appreciated since we are on the way!
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM #2
JB for the Ipad isn't that necessary anyway. Just buy oneTo live, you have to lie
09-06-2010, 03:23 PM #3
1. No one knows yet
09-06-2010, 03:25 PM #4
the new ipad firmware releases in november...
09-06-2010, 03:31 PM #5
1. iPad isn't getting a new firmware this week, 4.2 is coming out for iPad in November.
2. You cannot downgrade without SHSH
3. Buy it and wait for the new jailbreak to come out, it will most likely jailbreak iPad 3.2.2 as well
09-06-2010, 06:41 PM #6
Even tho th e new firmware comes out in November, the new jailbreak for iPhone 4 4.1 will probably work for iPad too.
Also, I just bought an iPad at best buy on Friday and it's 3.2.2
09-06-2010, 08:29 PM #7
Thanks Everyone -
I did go ahead and buy one at Best Buy. It was running 3.2.2 too . I ran TinyUmbrella as I read that there was a small chance that Cydia / Apple may have the SHSH on file, but it didn't find anything. Guess I'll have to wait. Thanks again for your help...
09-09-2010, 06:27 PM #8
Ya know... This girl sitting next to me saw mine and hers was 3.2.2... She jailbroke it with a spirit jailbreak and it worked.
Don't ask me how or why, I wasn't pay attention when she did it. I just said, "look it up, it's easy"... She showed me 20min later with installed.
She did end up restoring it because she turned it off and then was stuck at the Apple logo.