Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad and saved .shsh files

Default Ipad and saved .shsh files
    Ok..so i was successful in getting my saved 3.2.1 file from Cydia...but can't seem to figure out how to upload it to my ipad...i have done everything and am hoping its whatever I am not doing that is the issue..can anyone help... It has saved it as a .shsh so Itunes is not picking up..i changed it to a .ipsw and that didn;t go anywhere either...

I used tiny umbrella to get it...help..

thanks

You don't do anything with SHSH. As long as you had them pushed to Cydia then all you do is change your host file to downgrade. The actual SHSH file is for personal storage only.

ok...i sorta thought so,...but then i am even moronic..because i have changed my host file..and its not doing it for me...thanks

I am confused on what you are wanting to do. Do you want to downgrade your iPad down to 3.2.1 from 3.2.2?

yeppers...and either its not possible or there is that one small thing I am not doing

First change your host file and add: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Then download the 3.2.1 iPad firmware: ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPad 3.2.1
    (Use firefox for best results. Or change the .zip to .ipsw)

Then in iTunes shift-click the restore button. It should let you select a file. Select the firmware you just downloaded.

OMG..it finally worked...something was changing my host id...thank you thank you thank you!!!

No Prob. Glad you got it going.