+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad os 3.2.2 jailbreak possibility?

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I currently have a new iPad running iOS 3.2.2 unjailbroken. Also, a while back I downloaded the program PhoneDisk which basically lets you mount any iDevice when it's plugged into
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPad os 3.2.2 jailbreak possibility?
    I currently have a new iPad running iOS 3.2.2 unjailbroken. Also, a while back I downloaded the program PhoneDisk which basically lets you mount any iDevice when it's plugged into the USB port. I just realized I can mount my iPad 3.2.2 the same way, whenever I plug it into my computer, I get access to root and all that infrastructure. I dont know if this counts as a work around or something, but it works just like if i were to SSH into a jailbroken iphone/ipod touch.

I want to know if there's a way to manually install cydia this way, or if we should alert saurik or the devs or something about this.

or am i just being a noob

tl;dr: PhoneDisk gives root access. can we jailbreak the new OS this way?
    Last edited by kriswithach; 08-19-2010 at 02:05 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kriswithach For This Useful Post:

Almsaeed (08-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hope that we can get the Jailbreak soon ! By mistake I updated my ipad before yesterday for the new version 3.2.2, and i cant use the jailbreak now any more !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Search for cydia.deb and see if you can manually add cydia that way. Worth a shot.

Also, was the iPad jailbroken on 3.2.1 and then updated? I have a brand new iPad that came stock with 3.2.2 and phonedisk mounts it as media instead of root as it does with my other jailbroken idevices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deldrice View Post
    Search for cydia.deb and see if you can manually add cydia that way. Worth a shot.

Also, was the iPad jailbroken on 3.2.1 and then updated? I have a brand new iPad that came stock with 3.2.2 and phonedisk mounts it as media instead of root as it does with my other jailbroken idevices.
    I found cydia.deb, but can you please advise how I can install it? Note, I can access to the root through iphone PC Suite too !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Don't think so
    Hey, no I don't think having access to the iphones filesystem allows you to make a jailbreak.

once you have cydia.deb you will need a jailbreak of some sort to de-pakage the .deb into a executable the iphone can read. Jailbroken devices can use a mobile terminal, or use a terminal via SSH but there is not way of installing it without a jailbreak.