Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPad Jailbreakingforums, a part of the
Hey all, I got my ipad today, with firmware 3.2.1. Obviously, I was rather exited, and went right to jailbreaking it after I got home. First - I noticed jailbreakeme.com...
08-16-2010, 01:56 PM #1Errors with Jailbreakme - and suspected connection
I got my ipad today, with firmware 3.2.1. Obviously, I was rather exited, and went right to jailbreaking it after I got home.
First - I noticed jailbreakeme.com and jailbreakme.modmyi.com don't work at all - I get a "Not found (error to origin)" error.
Then - I found that by adding "www." to jailbreakme.com I'd reach the site, but I'd get "Oops, file recieved was invalid."
I also tried going straight to the pdf's, but that did nothing, just a blank page.
after searching abit more, I think I found a connection: whatever is causing the "jailbreakme.com" without the "www" not to work, is causing the whole thing to fail, since the embedded urls are all either "jailbreakme.com" or "jailbreakme.modmyi.com" and not "www.jailbreakme.com". As a result, the installer wouldn't actually be downloaded, it wouldn't be found. instead, the file recieved would be "Not found (error to origin)".
I'm not yet sure how to solve the issue, but I believe a few settings on the server can take care of it. I'm trying to find a client-side solution ATM.
08-16-2010, 02:59 PM #2
there was an issue with the websites and all but JailbreakMe were down. tweet updates say they managed to fix all the bugs and it should be working now.Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
08-16-2010, 03:57 PM #3
08-16-2010, 11:07 PM #4
I'm still getting both errors... Thing is, with the www error, it is possible only some people have the problem. I've found it a lot among website creation forums.
I'll keep searching for some solution on the client side.... Itmay be as simple as going to a location with another wireless network.
Anyhow - I think that changing the addresses inside the .PDF(and other downloaded files) to include the www could solve the issue, but I haven't the slightes idea on how to do that, or if it was tried...
It looks like now the original error is gone. The site itself doesn't load, but I was able to jailbreak via the /_/ directory.
Last edited by caladluin; 08-16-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost