Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak my Already Jailbroken Ipad

Default How to Jailbreak my Already Jailbroken Ipad
    I have an Ipad with the original firmware on it, I never upgraded it and it is jailbroken with spirit. My question is can should I restore the ipad and update the firmware than jailbreak using the new jailbreak.

Thanks

dont do it
    its not working on 3G models

Your title just w0n the 1nterwebzzz. Just saying.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

if it's a wifi version there is no need to update and jailbreak. if it's a 3G version then do not do it b/c they are still having bugs with the jailbreak for 3G iPads

I'm curious about this too. If I already have a bunch of Cydia apps installed and then upgrade to 3.2.1 and jailbreak again, will the apps I already have still be on there, as well as all my other data/apps?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

A jailbreak is a jailbreak... doesn't matter if you use Spirit or redsn0w or pwnage tool or snowbreeze... the end result is EXACTLY the same... you have root access and Cydia installed. There is absoluelty no benefit to starting over and jailbreaking with the /newest/ thing available. The only reason the newest thing is out is b/c the old stuff doesn't work on the new devices. Also 3.2.1 on the iPad is identical to 3.2 except for the 3G signal bar formula so no need to update for anyone.

I understand that there is no end difference between jailbreaks, I was more curious about what happens to jailbroken apps/data when you go to a legit firmware (3.2.1) and then jailbreak again. Do I have to re-download and install those apps or are they still on the system (even though they wouldn't be accessible while the legit firmware is installed)?

Also, the reason for upgrading to 3.2.1 is that I was under the impression that it fixes some wifi issues and I do lose my wifi connection on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    A jailbreak is a jailbreak... doesn't matter if you use Spirit or redsn0w or pwnage tool or snowbreeze... the end result is EXACTLY the same... you have root access and Cydia installed. There is absoluelty no benefit to starting over and jailbreaking with the /newest/ thing available. The only reason the newest thing is out is b/c the old stuff doesn't work on the new devices. Also 3.2.1 on the iPad is identical to 3.2 except for the 3G signal bar formula so no need to update for anyone.
    I strongly agree with you, had my iPad 3.2 jailbroke with spirit, I don't think I gonna do anything to my iPad, better stay the same instead bringing more trouble to it,

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Also 3.2.1 on the iPad is identical to 3.2 except for the 3G signal bar formula so no need to update for anyone.
    That's not completely the case - 3.2.1 fixes wi-fi issues amongst other small bugs, it's little to do with signal notification.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am a bit confused on jailbreaking. I had got 64gb wifi/eg ipad with 3.2 custom and jailbreaked it by spirit earlier.
    Now my question is do i just use itunes to update software to 3.2.1. Will all my 3rd party apps and other apps still show?

Do I need to use jailbreakme.com after updating my jailbreaked 3.2 to 3.2.1 through itunes to again jailbreak?

Would i have to agian install cydia apps like ******* 3.2 and other apps paid and downloaded?

Will i have to restore my backup and get all my apps back?

Please advice. Tks

Install 3.2.1 with iTunes
    Save your SHSH with tiny umbrella
    Jailbreak with jailbreakme.com
    Do whatever you feel right with Cydia

That title made me lols.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Syncing Problmes
    I am having syncing problems.
    I'm jailbroken with spirit on my iPad 3.2, itunes 9.0 and now when I sync up with iTunes it copies apps I have unchecked and copies some apps twice on my ipad. I didn't upgrade to itunes 9.2.1, didn't know if it would cause a problem syncing my ipad. Is it safe to update to itunes 9.2.1 and should I jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com.