Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakme and 3.2.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreakme and 3.2.1
    Anyone had any success yet? Been waiting to get through . . . Can't wait to get backgrounder again!!

Update: success!!! 3.2.1 with cydia. Time to start testing what works.
    Last edited by punklove; 08-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

Green Apple
    Thanks

just updated/restored to 3.2.1 and jailbreakme-ed. It is just unbelievable how comex & THE devTeam have taken jailbreaking into a whole different level. Love cloud based jailbreaking! Thankx COMEX!!!!

Did you guys have any issues where the ipad reset itself after sliding the Jailbreakme bar? I have a 32gb 3G+wifi.

Default Same Here
    Quote Originally Posted by will807 View Post
    Did you guys have any issues where the ipad reset itself after sliding the Jailbreakme bar? I have a 32gb 3G+wifi.
    Ipad 16GB+3G, not jail breaking - just rebooting on slider.

Yes I have that problem. I think it has something to do with the 3G. I've noticed in different forums that the people who have this problem has the 3G version. I'm on 64 3G

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didnt have any issues, on Wifi 16GB, i did makes sure I restored to 3.2.1 (basically a format) using itunes so that no previous apps could conflict with the new jailbreak. If you have your SHSH Blobs saved up from 3.2, I think you should go for it, cause you can always downgrade using cydia's backed-up blob link.

Agreed - looks like the 3G is causing issues. Damn. Wish I had read some before upgrading to 3.2.1 and wiping out my jailbreak.
    Last edited by neilio; 08-01-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mythamp View Post
    I didnt have any issues, on Wifi 16GB, i did makes sure I restored to 3.2.1 (basically a format) using itunes so that no previous apps could conflict with the new jailbreak. If you have your SHSH Blobs saved up from 3.2, I think you should go for it, cause you can always downgrade using cydia's backed-up blob link.
    I think everyone who gets the restarts are on 3G ipad. I just bought my ipad last week and was pre-loaded 3.2.1. Saved my SHSH locally but not on cydia. Should of just saved a couple bucks and bought the wifi version and use mywi on the iphone.

Thanks

yes you save money on 3G but then same time you give up GPS that i love =)

I think everyone who gets the restarts are on 3G ipad. I just bought my ipad last week and was pre-loaded 3.2.1. Saved my SHSH locally but not on cydia. Should of just saved a couple bucks and bought the wifi version and use mywi on the iphone.
    Wow.. nevermind... i read it wrong...
    Last edited by anthoj; 08-01-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: read it wrong

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Sigh........Upgraded my 16gb 3G iPad to 3.2.1 before reading this. NOw im stuck with no jailbreak. WTF

Hi, I used the jailbreak me web based jailbreak on my iPad running 3.2.1 it's a 3G version 32 gb. Everything went perfectly ok. But when I turned off my iPad(powered down completely) it won’t restart anymore it went to a restart loop.

Had to restore using firmware restore mode…any ideas how I can use the jailbreak

Yesterday I get the reboot loop on my 3g 64gb, today I downgrade to 3.2 run spirit jb, then update to 3.2.1 via itunes, I turn the cellular data network off, whent to JailbreakMe, slide jailbreakme and everything looks fine for now.

Not shure if had someting to do the cellular data network or comex fix the jailbreakme.com

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

3G ipads should be jail breaking just fine now. Saurik fixed a server issue last night and accidentally caused the iPad data to revert back to the original (broken) coding. Comex repaired it today so it should be peachy now.

Default pad 3g models
    all i pad 3g models have to go to setting swith data off before using jailbreak

No, they don't.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stesteste View Post
    all i pad 3g models have to go to setting swith data off before using jailbreak
    I have a 3G 64gb iPad, however have never activated the 3G cellular service, thus I always leave the 3G radio off.
    I've operated it entirely on wifi.

(For future reference, GPS works fine with 3G turned off)

I had the same issues with the 3.2.1 jailbreak posted at 2010-Aug-02 18:24:16

I can confirm that disabling 3g will do nothing to help.

Just sit tight for a couple days. The concept clearly works, and the exploit is clearly valid and working. It's now down to 'those annoying minor details' time ;}

PS: Thank you Saurik and all involved for all your tireless work for us!
    Don't let the 'me me me' types get under your skin.

A new jailbreak has been uploaded. For those who tried and failed they should clear their safari history and try again, virtually everyone is now reporting success.

Turning 3G off is not necessary.

Thanks

I can confirm now working {Done my 3g 64 last night}

Quote Originally Posted by c-hri-s View Post
    A new jailbreak has been uploaded. For those who tried and failed they should clear their safari history and try again, virtually everyone is now reporting success.

Turning 3G off is not necessary.
    Confirmed, my 3.2.1 iPad just rebooted yesterday, but was successfully jailbreaked a few minutes ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast