+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakme and 3.2.1

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by c-hri-s A new jailbreak has been uploaded. For those who tried and failed they should clear their safari history and try again, virtually everyone is now reporting
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c-hri-s View Post
    A new jailbreak has been uploaded. For those who tried and failed they should clear their safari history and try again, virtually everyone is now reporting success.

Turning 3G off is not necessary.
    Where is the new upload at?

The copy on jailbreakme.com is still the same as last night according to the time stamp 2010-Aug-02 18:24:16

This is the copy that, while no longer reboot loops, adds a Cydia icon (that doesn't work correctly, but that is a different issue) and then shows to Cydia and iFunBox as still jailed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It works for me and everyone else I've seen .. except you.

You read this I assume: Install afc2dd from Cydia after Spirit Jailbreak. If ifunbox recongnize your newly Jailbroken iPhone as Jailed, please try this. (from http://www.i-funbox.com).

iFile works as root for me with no issues.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to c-hri-s For This Useful Post:

dissy (08-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c-hri-s View Post
    It works for me and everyone else I've seen .. except you.

You read this I assume: Install afc2dd from Cydia after Spirit Jailbreak. If ifunbox recongnize your newly Jailbroken iPhone as Jailed, please try this. (from i-FunBox | File Manager, Browser, Explorer, Transfer Tool for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch via USB).

iFile works as root for me with no issues.
    Hmm, I'm guessing it's something on my end then.

I'm actually having two separate problems, which I think together are the root of my issues.

I did manage to get the jailbreak to work once, but due to the cydia problem I ended up restoring to try again and had issues with the jailbreak after that.

I'm pretty sure if I muck around enough with clearing cache and cookies and all that I can get the jailbreak to work again. Unfortunately I am at work at the moment so don't have access to restore. Normally not an issue of course, and odds are I'll end up trying again anyway later today (Closer to going home time)

My other issue is with Cydia, so quite off topic in this thread.
    Running Cydia for the first time requires some essential updates, but I get errors connecting to apt.saurik.com, then cache error messages.
    Of course I can get to apt. from my network, and even from the iPad browser. The cache.saurik server seems to give an access denied on the root directory, but others have pointed out some host file fixes for that (Thus using iFunBox to update the file)

The only thread I found the other day was a bunch of users in China, which I am not ;}

Anyways, I'll work on figuring the Cydia thing out else where, and assume the jailbreak problems are just me.
    I'll also check out that afc2dd package (Installing just one by hand isn't too bad, it's just the essential updates with all those dependencies heh.. apt has spoiled me)

Again, thank you for all of your help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dissy View Post
    My other issue is with Cydia, so quite off topic in this thread.
    Running Cydia for the first time requires some essential updates, but I get errors connecting to apt.saurik.com, then cache error messages.
    Of course I can get to apt. from my network, and even from the iPad browser. The cache.saurik server seems to give an access denied on the root directory, but others have pointed out some host file fixes for that (Thus using iFunBox to update the file)
    I think you're trying to solve too many issues. Cydia is simply creaking under the load, it was the same for me. Just keep retrying otherwise forgo the cydia updates and wait a few days, it will start to work.

By manually trying to fix that issue I think you are causing the others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I have a spirit jail broken iPad running ios 3.2, does the following steps make sense?

1) Backup iPad
    2) Restore iPad to factory settings
    3) upgrade to 3.2.1
    4) jailbreak using "JailbreakMe"
    5) restore from backup to get back all data and settings

Thanks

Thanks

Sounds about right
    - Hillsdale

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale View Post
    Sounds about right
    Thanks Hillsdale. I assume you were replying to my post. In step 2, when I'm restoring my iPad to factory settings, do I need to restore it by using a downloaded 3.2 firmware file or will it work without doing that? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koham View Post
    Thanks Hillsdale. I assume you were replying to my post. In step 2, when I'm restoring my iPad to factory settings, do I need to restore it by using a downloaded 3.2 firmware file or will it work without doing that? Thanks.
    Yeah I would recommend doing it that way with a downloaded firmware
    - Hillsdale

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12