+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Theme on iPad by Conchppie

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
If you look at my Mac osx iPad theme you'll see it's actuarially quite easy to theme icons. iPad icons are at a pixel resolution of 72px so you will
    Thanks

Default How to Theme on iPad by Conchppie

If you look at my Mac osx iPad theme you'll see it's actuarially quite easy to theme icons.

iPad icons are at a pixel resolution of 72px so you will notice that when searching through your /root files there will be lots of files with this number in it which will act as a good indicator as to wether or not the particular file is a iPad only file.

To theme icons go to:-

for all stock and cydia apps note that the numbers and letters that follow varies for each user
    var/stash/applications.
    for all AppStore apps
    var/mobile/applications

Now locate the app you'd like to theme, open it and then open the folder "*appname.app" and change via ssh or iFile the "icon-72.png" and "icon-iPad.png" for ipad icons or for some icons that aren't ipad ready "Icon.png"

Here are three examples notice how in each example there are other versions of the icons formatted for other devices eg iPhone 4 :-

1. icon.png (This is the icon for facebook which is not iPad ready yet)

2. icon-iPad.png (Here is the icon from iBooks.app)

3. icon-72.png (This is the stock iTunes icon note how there is both a "icon-72.png" and a "icon.png")

For app overlays navigate to
    System/library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.frameworks
    App overlays are basically the shadows that are automatically added to all AppStore icons which you never really notice until you start to play around with theme.
    (if you look at my example theme at the top of this post you will see that the "iBooks" icon still has the overlay and shadow)

And you're looking for the "AppIconMask-72.png" , "AppIconShadow-72.png" and "AppIconOverlay-72.png"

Now if youd like to change the slide to unlock bars youll find them here
    System/library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.frameworks/

What you're look for in here is "bottombarknobgrey.png" and "bottombarknobgreyT.png" which are the unlock sliders
    Also there you will find "bottombarknobred.png" and "bottombarknobgreen.png"which are the slide to power off

Never delete the originals
    Rather rename them to "icon-72.pn" basically deleting the g in png

Now if you've made a theme they go here

var/stash/themes.

i Will be posting more info on other things you can theme and there locations soon. if there are any requests don't hesitate to PM me.

And please hit Thanks if this info is useful to you or has helped in anyway
    Last edited by conchappie; 07-27-2010 at 03:21 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conchappie For This Useful Post:

cjuni (07-27-2010), ToastedIpad (07-31-2010)

Thanks

Very helpful post..I have been waiting for someone to give a tutorial on how to theme the iPad..I will now get to working on a theme..thx and keep the info coming..

Thanks

You welcome there were just so many people asking about it so I decided to investigate fir myself
    If you like or this has help anyone please hit thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to conchappie For This Useful Post:

fistikal (08-03-2010)

Thanks

Lightbulb Awesome
    As a fellow n00b, I thank you greatly for this. Too bad I have to wait for the jb for 3.2.1 to come out

Thanks

Finally... an expert shows us noobs the way. Thanks for the tutorial Double post sorry

Thanks

Wait so u can only theme by replacing the original files? U can't use winter board? I heard that when u use winter board the icons don't look right. Is this true? Thanks!