+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird Issue with Maps after JB

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Anyone else have this problem but after JB with Spirit and in Maps, if I start to type certain letters in the search box the Map app closes. I first
    iPhone? More like MyPhone br8thw8's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Weird Issue with Maps after JB
    Anyone else have this problem but after JB with Spirit and in Maps, if I start to type certain letters in the search box the Map app closes. I first noticed this when trying to type in a name of a location that started with the letter 'D'. The Map app would close instantly. I could recreate it every single time. I reset the iPad and the same deal. I then went through the alphabet and noticed that it would do it for the anything that started with the following letters; B, D, R! So I reloaded my iPad, thereby removing the JB and all was well with Maps again. So I then re-JB and everything seemed fine until today when I first typed the letter 'H', and once again immediately closure of Maps! What the ???? I went through the alphabet and numbers and only the letter 'H' is the problem. And it happens every time!

Anyone else have this problem? You might not realize it since you just mint not have run into your 'special' letter(s). So for those of you that have JB iPads, go into Maps and one by one type in each letter of the alphabet (and number). It only works when the first letter is typed. So if the letter 'A' is cool then you need to backspace then type in the letter 'B'. You just can't type in 'ABCDEFG...'

I'm curious to find out if this is happening only to me or ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

mine is jailbroke, i just went through a-z and the app didn't crash

Thanks
    Hmmm, maybe it's just mine. Lucky me!

Thanks

Are you using backgrounder and running multiple apps at once? maybe you're running out of memory - before it crashes how much RAM is available?

Thanks
    Nope, wasn't running Backgrounder. In fact, I didn't even install Backgrounder until just recently. I just don't why it's just my iPad?

Thanks

do you have sbsettings installed? if so, open maps and go into sbsettings and see what it reports free memory as. also go into the processes tab of sbsettings and see if any apple-native apps are running in the background (safari, ipod, mail etc can multitask natively without backgrounder installed) - i ask as if you have multiple tabs open in safari and it's running in the background, it could be sucking up allot of memory still.

Thanks
    I have the issue when nothing is running and everything cleared out. I'm showing 138MB free and still the same issue.
    I can trick it though by typing an address that starts with the letter 'H' in notepad, copy it, then paste it into Maps and it will accept that without crashing.

Thanks

strange, do you have anything else installed in cydia / any mobile substrate apps other than SB settings?

When you tried to restore and rejailbreak, did you test it before reinstalling other apps from cydia?