Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming Jailbreak question (iPad 3.2.1)

Thanks

Default Upcoming Jailbreak question (iPad 3.2.1)
    Do we know if (any) of the upcoming Jailbreaks will also jailbreak the iPad for the new version (3.2.1)? Ive been trying to figure this out for days on end, since I got my new iPad with 3.2.1.
    - Hillsdale

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

There is some banter on Twitter that says the new JB is working on all devices, so yes. MuscleNerd did just post that it won't be ready today.

God I hope so I'm getting an iPad in two weeks. So a jailbreak for 3.2.1 better be out by then.

Thanks

As long as it jailbreaks the iPad with 3.2.1 firmware I dont really mind waiting (Although no one likes it) haha
    - Hillsdale

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes it will work on the iPad with 3.2.1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Hillsdale (07-25-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Yes it will work on the iPad with 3.2.1
    Thanks! I hate to be another skeptical and annoying person on the internet asking the same question over and over again but will this unlock come with the "Spirit" jailbreak or the "ultrasn0w" JB?
    - Hillsdale

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale View Post
    Thanks! I hate to be another skeptical and annoying person on the internet asking the same question over and over again but will this unlock come with the "Spirit" jailbreak or the "ultrasn0w" JB?
    I think you've confused "unlock" and "jailbreak."

An Unlock allows you to use a device with any Carrier (AT&T vs. T-Mobile in the U.S.).

A Jailbreak allows you to run third-party apps and other software that were not officially approved by Apple.

Generally, you need to Jailbreak a device before you can Unlock it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyGlock For This Useful Post:

ramhero (07-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGlock View Post
    I think you've confused "unlock" and "jailbreak."

An Unlock allows you to use a device with any Carrier (AT&T vs. T-Mobile in the U.S.).

A Jailbreak allows you to run third-party apps and other software that were not officially approved by Apple.

Generally, you need to Jailbreak a device before you can Unlock it.
    Im sorry, You're right I did mix them up there. I meant Jailbreak
    - Hillsdale

Angry Ipad 3.2.1 Jailbreak Delayed
    I Think is unfaire to some Iphone and Ipad owner to see the jailbreak is delayed because of an isssue with facetime in Iphone 4, for us who don't even have camera on our Ipad we did not have to wait, it is not the 1st time some jailbreak work on a device and don't work on another, Just specified for what device is the jailbreak and when face time ready upgraded the jailbreak. I can't hide it i was very disappointed when i the jailbreak is delayed for facetime issue, if the could send one just for my Ipad 3.2.1 even if i have to pay.

Thanks

Its not strictly for facetime issues, MuscleNerd had mentioned that one of the major issues was facetime but they were still trying to smooth everything out and tie up all the loose ends.

In the end no one wants to release 4 jailbreaks that each JB a different device, that would be too confusing for noobs. They want one application, one button, open it/ click Jailbreak -> Done, on all devices.
    - Hillsdale

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

And one of comex's last tweets said one of the test devices lost a bunch of data which is def not a good thing. More issues than just facetime.

Thanks

The jailbreak is (possibly) less than 24 hours away, is everyone else's excited as me? The reason I think it will come out tommorrownis because the Dev team usually tries to keep things quite as far as a release date goes and Comex seemed pretty certin this Sunday would be enough time(?)
    - Hillsdale

I too am excited. Just got the iPad and itsbbad ***. But with jb it'll be even better

I'm patient and will be happy when all the bugs are ironed out. Recently sold my 16Gb and upgraded to a 32Gb iPad and found out it shipped with 3.2.1, which broke my previous jailbreak. So now I have a iPhone 4 & iPad that can't be jailbroken yet. Take all the time needed to ensure it works.