+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad jailbreak help please

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi guys, New to this forum. I have taken advice from this forum and saved my shsh with cydia for both my iPhone and iPad just incase, now guys my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb iPad jailbreak help please
    Hi guys,

New to this forum. I have taken advice from this forum and saved my shsh with cydia for both my iPhone and iPad just incase, now guys my question is with regards to my iPad, when I go into cydia it says this device has shsh saved for iPhone 3.2.1??? But I am on my iPad 3.2??

Is my shsh actually saved??

Thanks

It is saved. When a new firmware comes out, and you are on an older firmware, cydia automatically puts in a request to get your SHSH blob for the newer firmware. This way, you are safe if you for some reason accidentally update before the JB is released.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply, would I be correct in saying that if for some reason I had to restore my iPad I could not go back to 3.2 as cydia has saved 3.2.1 as apple stopped signing 3.2??

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You could not restore to 3.2 because Apple has stopped signing 3.2 and you don't have 3.2 SHSH files backed up.

In order to restore to 3.2, you would have to have the 3.2 SHSH files locally (or on Cydia) to convince iTunes that your restore was 'approved' by Apple. To do this, you would 'trick' iTunes into requesting the SHSH files from a server that was NOT Apple's.

Cydia has saved the SHSHs for the firmware currently being signed Apple (3.2.1)

Cydia has NOT saved the SHSHs for your current firmware (3.2) because Apple is no longer signing that firmware and Cydia did not request the files for your firware before Apple quit signing 3.2.

gbosh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gbosh For This Useful Post:

Harvey94 (07-26-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice! Big help