+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: use Handy light to tether to iPad from unjailbroken iPhone on 4.0+ (without another PC)

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey guys this guide is great! Thanks a lot! I was wondering if it was possible to use this setup to trick the iPhone 4 into thinking it's on wifi
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey guys this guide is great! Thanks a lot! I was wondering if it was possible to use this setup to trick the iPhone 4 into thinking it's on wifi by routing it thru the iPad and back to the iPhone? I'm trying to get face time to work this way let me know I'd you guys have any ideas.

Thanks

i failed at this horribaly, so i will use my rooted HTC EVO with free android tether until i jailbreak my i4 and get MyWi on that biznitch
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    Hey guys this guide is great! Thanks a lot! I was wondering if it was possible to use this setup to trick the iPhone 4 into thinking it's on wifi by routing it thru the iPad and back to the iPhone? I'm trying to get face time to work this way let me know I'd you guys have any ideas.
    I don't think that would work, the ipad and the iphone would both need to be associated to two wifi SSIDs simultaneously (one to bring the iphone's 3g connection to the ipad, and the other to bring it back to the iphone); I do not believe either device supports this.

Also, using facetime over 3g could produce additional complexities; namely i think NAT will be problematic, at least with Bell in Canada I get a private IP address on my 3g interface and Bell handles the NAT - there's no way to configure port forwarding to the iphone as apple states is required for facetime here: iPhone 4: Using FaceTime behind a firewall (so I'm essentially firewalled from incoming connections on the 3g network)
    Last edited by katmeef; 07-31-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: grammar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    would it be possible if you could make a second video of how to do this since lighttpd is gone and i know i would understand it more. thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont know if anyone has asked this but, is there an advantage with handylight over MyWi? I ask because I was curious about Handylight and wanted to give it a try with the iPad. But when I saw your tutorial I wondered what the point was if you already have MyWi...

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

There's no point anymore since the ios4.0/4.0.1 jailbreak is released; just put mywi on your iPhone. It's easy as well as offers some level of encryption

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123