+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB iPad no longer boots up.

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a jailbroken 3.2 iPad, everything was working great, I installed PDAnet from Cydia and it told me to restart. Now it won't get past the apple icon. I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

Default JB iPad no longer boots up.
    I have a jailbroken 3.2 iPad, everything was working great, I installed PDAnet from Cydia and it told me to restart. Now it won't get past the apple icon. I don't want to restore it in iTunes because it wants to update to 3.2.1 - any suggestions?

Edit: When I try and option restore a 3.2 FW bundle downloaded from this site, it starts, then a few minutes in it stops and gives me an error, saying it can't connect to apple. I've edited my hosts file, and I remember making sure in cydia to save my shsh file.

I should also mention, the only way for itunes to even see the iPad is in DFU mode.
    Last edited by DoocesWild; 07-20-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -DoocesWild

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you SURE Cydia backed up your SHSH file? My iPad was never able to connect to the Cydia server (trying after I received it June 21), so my 3.2 SHSH files were never backed up. I kept getting (and still have) the message 'TSS request pending' on the Cydia main screen. It has since backed up my 3.2.1 SHSH files...

If you've edited your host file (adding the line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com), and you are getting an error when you try to restore, the lack of your SHSH files being on Saurik's server may be the reason.

Have you tried downloading the 3.2 FW from another source, like iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download?

You might try Firmware Umbrella The Firmware Umbrella. Run it, let it see if it can recovery your SHSH files from the Cydia server. Then you can have IT run a server locally to do the same thing Cydia does with respect to providing the proper SHSH info to iTunes when you attempt to restore.

Good luck!

gbosh
    Last edited by gbosh; 07-21-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks

I'm sure I clicked "Make my life easier" in cydia. I'm not sure however, that it worked. I mean it always showed green, but I guess you can't trust everything. I ended up restoring it to 3.2.1, because I needed a working iPad for the day. I'll try and downgrade to 3.2 when I get back today, and I guess we'll see.

How would I go about finding my 3.2 with umbrella? I am positive I did NOT save them locally like I did my iPhone.
    -DoocesWild

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dooces,

If the Cydia backup of your SHSH files actually worked, when you run TinyUmbrella, set it to Request/From Cydia (not Apple) for the SHSH files (under the advanced options of the left window in TinyUmbrella). Also under the advanced options, set the Device/Version to 3.2.

The program will check the Cydia server, and if your SHSHs are there, it will pull them over to your computer.

If the 3.2 files wasn't backed up by Cydia, you are out of luck.

Make sure you read the readme for TinyUmbrella. You'll need Java 1.6+ installed.

Good luck! Let us know!

gbosh

At any rate. Good luck

Thanks

So I do as you instructed, and the icon just keeps spinning, when it says it's getting info from cydia. Do you happen to have a readme file handy? My dmg doesn't contain one...
    -DoocesWild

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only readme is at the TinyUmbrella page above.

Here is a direct link to it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7078752/ReadMe/ReadMe.rtf

Are you getting any errors when you start the TinyUmbrella program? Does it recognize your iPad and show the ECID when you connect it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stranges in SHSH repository
    ........:-( I suppose something wrong happens with Cydia Repository. From few hours my iPad 3.2 no longer boots up.
    Ok, I will restore from 3.2....I saved from Cydia my 3.2 SHSH and yesterday I got my green sentence in Cydia......
    But, surprise, I cannot restore enymore since Cyda has not my SHSH on it's server !
    More strange, if I use Umbrealla to save locally SHSH it allow me to save the 3.2.1 shsh which is on Cydia......but I never upgaded it nor saved my 3.2.1 shsh!
    My device is still in 3.2, how it's possible that Cydia has my 3.2.1 file?
    Below what Umbralle reported....

Requesting Cydia for 3.2.1......
    "
    Device: iPad3G 3.2 (7B367)
    Model: MC497TY/A
    Name: iPad di robertol
    Baseband: 06.15.00 - 6.4_M3S2
    07/22/2010 19:54:59.642 Processing SHSH Request...
    07/22/2010 19:54:59.652 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405)...
    07/22/2010 19:55:16.183 SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved!

Requesting Cydia for 3.2....
    07/22/2010 19:57:14.249 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPad 3.2 (7B367)... 07/22/2010 19:58:06.280 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 07/22/2010 19:58:06.284 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad 3.2 (7B367) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Have you Please any idea?
    Thanks for all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make sure you select retrieve from 'cydia' and not 'Apple' Under the advance uptions. Also under the advanced otions, select version 3.2 or it will pull the SHSHs for the current firmware, which is 3.2.1, as happened to you. IF 'cydia' successfully saved your 3.2 info, TinyUmbrella should pull it down for you.

The SHSH is given by Apple servers, and specific to your device ECID. The program can pulls yours for 3.2.1 even thou you are still on 3.2 because that's what Apple is sending based on your device ID. If you don't ask for 3.2 info from Cydia, you may be getting 3.2 SHSHs from Apple (through Cydia)

Based on what you provided below, it looks as though Cydia did NOT save your 3.2 SHSH files. Sorry.

Hope that helps.

gbosh

Quote Originally Posted by Espe01 View Post
    ........:-( I suppose something wrong happens with Cydia Repository. From few hours my iPad 3.2 no longer boots up.
    Ok, I will restore from 3.2....I saved from Cydia my 3.2 SHSH and yesterday I got my green sentence in Cydia......
    But, surprise, I cannot restore enymore since Cyda has not my SHSH on it's server !
    More strange, if I use Umbrealla to save locally SHSH it allow me to save the 3.2.1 shsh which is on Cydia......but I never upgaded it nor saved my 3.2.1 shsh!
    My device is still in 3.2, how it's possible that Cydia has my 3.2.1 file?
    Below what Umbralle reported....

Requesting Cydia for 3.2.1......
    "
    Device: iPad3G 3.2 (7B367)
    Model: MC497TY/A
    Name: iPad di robertol
    Baseband: 06.15.00 - 6.4_M3S2
    07/22/2010 19:54:59.642 Processing SHSH Request...
    07/22/2010 19:54:59.652 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405)...
    07/22/2010 19:55:16.183 SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved!

Requesting Cydia for 3.2....
    07/22/2010 19:57:14.249 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPad 3.2 (7B367)... 07/22/2010 19:58:06.280 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 07/22/2010 19:58:06.284 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad 3.2 (7B367) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Have you Please any idea?
    Thanks for all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for Reply.
    that should be the explanation, yes.
    But I'm too sure I've saved my SHSH file.
    It's not the first time...........did it several time with iPhone..:-(
    THanks anyway for your reply.
    Cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was getting this same problems the other night. Make sure you are trying to restore on Itunes 9.1 not 9.2. Just a suggestion.

Thanks

I finally was able to get umbrella to do something (just sat there and spun forever) and it tells me I do not have SHSH on file for 3.2, but I do for 3.2.1. Guess there was some sort of error in backing it up on Cydia, because I'm sure I hit the "Make my life easier" button. Now I guess I just can't wait for 3.2.1 to be JB
    -DoocesWild