+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad with 3.2.1 downgrade to 3.2

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I just got my iPad from fedex and I was about to jailbreak it with spiritjb butttttt... I looked at the firmware and it looks like it shipped with 3.2.1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New iPad with 3.2.1 downgrade to 3.2
    I just got my iPad from fedex and I was about to jailbreak it with spiritjb butttttt... I looked at the firmware and it looks like it shipped with 3.2.1 and not 3.2. Is there a way to downgrade to 3.2 ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipad IOS 3.2.1 downgrade
    I was to quick to upgrade my Ipad and now kind of stuck, I try to downgrade it but the process did not go through. I think Apple stop it. I wonder if anyone have an Idea how to?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That stinks I'm so anxious to get cydia on it. I have been looking all over the web and can not find a way to downgrade the firmware at all . I'm sure in a few weeks spiritjb will have something for us with 3.2.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unfortunatly without your SHSH files for 3.2 backed up you cant downgrade. Give it a couple of weeks and the jailbreak will be out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jaxxster thanks for confirming that . Duno whist to do with this iPad since I can not jailbreak it lol

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

a JB should be on it's way !!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Enjoy it while you wait to jailbreak it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive just updated mine to 3.2.1,wish i hadnt as nothing ive downloaded off ********** works anymore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is my second day usin my iPad I must say I'm very impressed with the battery life . I have
    Done tons of reading incase anyone wants to know it does not look possible to downgrade firmware on the new ipads.only if you jail broke it and backed it up .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah there's not many free apps out that are any decent. Just use it is a portable tv player/internet tablet for those times you cant reach your computer

Thanks

Anyone ever heard of the quote "If it ain't broke don't fix it." Same thing can be applied with jailbroken idevices. Cmk325i sorry you can JB it yet. I'm sure someone will fix. But for all you other ppl with JB ipads that upgraded to 3.2.1. Really,... Are you really surprised that your ipad is no longer jb and that you non-itunes apps no longer work. And that you can't jb it again. Well thats your own darn fault. Wait for a jb to come out for your firm next time. Or at least SHSH it so you can go back. All for some new reception bars too. like you really needed them. Anyway Cmk325i, I would grab the netflix app and get the 8.99 netflix account. Then stream off netflix to your hearts content.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How can I restore to 3.2 from 3.2?

Everytime i try itunes tries to make me download the new 3.2.1

ARGH

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default restore ipad 3.2 to 3.2
    download the 3.2 firmware through firefox save it. after that when you going to restore it you click both shitf button and restore when the diolog box open browse to get firmware you download and it will be good. don't used internet explorer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

moonkest , i got the netflix app and i already had an account very impressed with the quality

stanley i will try doing the restore to 3.2 later on tonight see if that works ... thanks for the idea

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are already on 3.2.1 and you don't have SHSH files for your device for 3.2, you (most likely) WON'T be able to downgrade. Apple is signing (approving) the restoring of firmware by signing those files, and they aren't doing it for 3.2 on the iPad any more.

Wait for the 3.2.1 JB.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What about 3.2 - 3.2 without SHSH? (restoring due to issue)
    Possible?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Currently have iPad 3.2 jailbroken and soon upgrading to new iPad 3G: 3.2.1
    So I have a current iPad Wi-Fi that is jail broken with the Spirit JB, of course, 3.2. And I am buying an iPad 3G 3.2.1, if I backup through iTunes, then restore as a backup on my new one, will I get my apps, I know the jailbreak probably won't be there.

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theTechBytes View Post
    So I have a current iPad Wi-Fi that is jail broken with the Spirit JB, of course, 3.2. And I am buying an iPad 3G 3.2.1, if I backup through iTunes, then restore as a backup on my new one, will I get my apps, I know the jailbreak probably won't be there.

Thanks in advance.
    Of course you will get your apps because you PAID for them right? If you are talking about "free" apps, then you are SOL and I don't think this forum condones talking about that.

Banned
    Thanks

Ugh. I just bought this and knowing my luck it had 3.2.1 on it. Why?

Is there really no way to downgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right now, there really is no way to downgrade without having the SHSH files for 3.2 FW on your iPad.

Sorry...