+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Downgrade iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I had a jailbroken iPad, updated to the new firmware last night, 3.2.1 and of course lost the jailbreak. I will say that the wifi was faster and seemed to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How to Downgrade iPad
    I had a jailbroken iPad, updated to the new firmware last night, 3.2.1 and of course lost the jailbreak. I will say that the wifi was faster and seemed to stay connected a lot better. I had no lost connections and had plenty before the update. I had my shsh backed up through Cydia, so if you did not do that I am not sure what to do.

Download the 3.2 firmware from here iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download

Then follow this guide Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | OS X

With the iPad disconnected from the computer, I turned it off. I held down the home button then plugged it back into the comp. iTunes recognized it in recovery and asked to restore. I followed the directions in the guide and am currently restoring from a backup. Pretty easy.

I did try restoring with just the downloaded firmware and no change to the hosts file and iTunes would not let me. Hope this helps.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmydean50 For This Useful Post:

bigdarlodave (07-21-2010), jayteez (07-16-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i didnt see a need to update but thanks for trying out the new firmware and reporting it.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no need to update, at least until there is a JB for 3.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i get message saying ipad isn't build for this

I can't downgrade my ipad. I just read that I am supposed to backup my shsh blob before the official release of firmware 3.2.2 but I just jailbroken yesterday and saved the shsh blobs via cydia. Which means is there no way out for me?
    Last edited by jaschar83; 08-15-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in a similar situation. I did a reset on the iPad and it just went through and after 3-4 hours it's still going through a loop with the apple screen. I then tried to restore to the 3.2.1 and I get the cannot be restored 3194 error. My SHSH is on file and my hosts file is modified but it will not let me restore to 3.2.1 and I don't want to upgrade and loose the jailbreak. Does anyone have any ideas? I believe I have my SHSH saved on a work computer with firmware umbrella so I can try that tomorrow. I have to many issues with firmware umbrella and java and can't get them to work together.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Umbrella worked for me with the same error message (1394 that you are getting). I restored to 3.2.2, then using umbrella saved my SHSH files and then I downloaded firmware 3.2.1. While still in restore mode, I started the umbrella TSS server and then from itunes chose the 3.2.1 firmware and it restored fine in a couple minutes. Went to jailbreakme.com and I was jailbroken again with in minutes. 3 hours of frustration solved with umbrella in less then 5 minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPadnewb View Post
    Umbrella worked for me with the same error message (1394 that you are getting). I restored to 3.2.2, then using umbrella saved my SHSH files and then I downloaded firmware 3.2.1. While still in restore mode, I started the umbrella TSS server and then from itunes chose the 3.2.1 firmware and it restored fine in a couple minutes. Went to jailbreakme.com and I was jailbroken again with in minutes. 3 hours of frustration solved with umbrella in less then 5 minutes.
    I don't have the actual file on my computer but it is saved on Cydia. I spent over 5 hours last night and still messing with it today just to do a simple reset on my device. Maybe I'll go to 3.2.2. Cydia said I had 3.2.1 on file for this device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't have the SHSH files on my computer either. I restored to 3.2.2 used umbrella to get my shsh files from my iPad (which it did fine) and using those files and umbrella TSS server I was able to downgrade to 3.2.1, but I still couldn't downgrade to 3.2 as umbrella said it only had 3.2.1 files for me. It was weird but it worked. Good luck!

Thanks

Now I'm getting a 3014 restore error. Okay found my problem, I didn't have 3.2 on Cydia but had 3.2.1 and I was trying to restore to 3.2. I used firmware umbrella to grab my SHSH file and have the 3.2.1 firmware downloading now. Hopefully it works.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 08-16-2010 at 10:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like you had the exact same problem as me. As for error 3014, I never got that error, only thing I can think of is the TSS server wasn't started prior to trying the restore through itunes.

Thanks

I got it now on 3.2.1 with jailbreakme. I thought for sure I was on 3.2 because I remember jailbreaking with spirit. Oh well I'm jailbroken now on 3.2.1 at least.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep, sounds like the exact same problem. I'm just glad I was able to figure it out before throwing the iPad out the windows.