+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mysql server on JB iPad...

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Well after much hunting I found the mysql download for the iOS (iPhone and iPad). I have managed to install it and get it working almost perfectly...however there is some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Mysql server on JB iPad...
    Well after much hunting I found the mysql download for the iOS (iPhone and iPad).

I have managed to install it and get it working almost perfectly...however there is some bugs...

Firstly (and most annoyingly) the command: show databases; doesnt work as expected (neither does show tables either). You also need to change the "/var/root/mysql/var" folder to the correct permissions with the following:

chmod + /var/root/mysql/var
    chmod -R 777 /var/root/mysql/var

Also the lib folder needs to have similar treatment (in the mysql folder...so for me that is: /var/root/mysql/lib).

When you create a database using the command: create database mydb; you need to close the database and then go back and re doing the above commands to set the appropriate permissions. That said, the systm database (which holds a list of all the DBs you have) does not update (which is why you cannot do "show databases" or "show tables" command).

aside from that you can still access the database, and you can still use "describe mytable" to describe the table in the database.

The download link for the mysql package is: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Heres a link to the website I found with instructions, its in portuguees (its google translated)
    Install MYSQL

Now, if only some one was willing to update the code to make it a bit more compatible with the iphone and ipad it would be pure awesome (Im an sql guru not a C/C++ guru unfortunately!)

This should work on iphone as well. However, it does require a bit of fiddling. Once it gets going shes rock solid.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to casperionx For This Useful Post:

Kamikengen (11-04-2010)