+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my jailbroke ipad suddenly changed?????

is a discussion within the

iPad Jailbreaking

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
this afternoon, installed fring and mywi on my ipad,power on and off and charge battery after my son play games, then about 2 hours ago, when i turn it on,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my jailbroke ipad suddenly changed?????
    this afternoon, installed fring and mywi on my ipad,power on and off and charge battery after my son play games, then about 2 hours ago, when i turn it on, i see screen goes like this before type in passcode,

after type in passcode,

my wallpaper is disappear and only has black back screen, contact and maps icon are become white square box, and about 1-2 inches above home screen bottom,the screen won't sense when my finger touch on it, tried to get to cydia to remove mywi, press on "manage" in cydia, it won't respond, tried to reset all settings,in the center screen won't sense when i press "reset" , also did the jailbreak again, says restore all , but nothing has changed, should i do the restore in itune????thanks in advance

just found out, in order to fix the issue, have to respring, then restart springboard, everything back to normal, but when i turn it on from full power off, it happens again, everyone have same issue????
    Last edited by ert6ic; 07-12-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apparently this is called the big ipod issue. I had it too. I think it's caused by SBSettings or other Cydia apps that use it. What fixed it for me was to uninstall Browser Changer. If you have that app then try removing it and SBSettings.

Then you could try reinstalling the latest SBSettings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for reply, at least i know i didn't break my ipad. i don't have Browser Changer in my Ipad, i have SBSettings, wait, my SBSettings is disappeared in cydia>manage>packages?????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ert6ic View Post
    thanks for reply, at least i know i didn't break my ipad. i don't have Browser Changer in my Ipad, i have SBSettings, wait, my SBSettings is disappeared in cydia>manage>packages?????
    Try installing the new version of SBSettings. It seems to have fixed everything for me. No more big ipod mode.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by effcee;
    Apparently this is called the big ipod issue. I had it too. I think it's caused by SBSettings or other Cydia apps that use it. What fixed it for me was to uninstall Browser Changer. If you have that app then try removing it and SBSettings.

Then you could try reinstalling the latest SBSettings.
    Latest build of sbsettings works properly with browser changer now no more big iPod mode from that combo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it's quite a few Apps that can do this from Cydia. It's no big deal but certainly a hassle, especially rearranging your icons again.

The best fix is install SBSettings if you don't have it, it's a handy tool anyways. On SBSettings you can "Respring" the iPad, this will reset the OS correctly, otherwise the only way is to remove Cydia Apps one by one till you find the problem one and honestly that's more work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

true, and maybe i'm just a trivial guy, but the big ipod mode really irks me to the point of uninstalling the offending piece of software (i think i went a month without sbsettings until it was worked out for that app).

Thanks

My iPad did the same thing but I found an easy fix just respiring your iPad that's it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The offending program is MyWi. The solution is to respring periodically when the 'big ipod' mode appears, remove MyWi, or update MyWi. The newer versions of MyWi don't seem to have this quirk.

SBSettings is the cure, not the cause, of this particular malady....

See if this looks familiar - YouTube - my iPad thinks its an iPhone, MyWi broken